Chapter 45 Infirmary/Talk

*Infirmary*
John rushes in the infirmary. He pulls the curtain. "Sera!"

Arlo and Elaine look at John.

"...." John looks surprised.

"....!!" Seraphina looks at John.

Seraphina avoids eye contact with John. Zane and Zari enter the infirmary. The two notice Isen and he looks away in fear. John looks sad.

"...." Seraphina looks sad. "Sorry John. I let you down. I tried everything. I did everything you taught me back there." Seraphina says.

She remembers getting attacked so easily.

"But nothing worked." Seraphina adds as she closes her eyes. "I don't know how... I'll ever be strong as you."

John stays silent and grabs Seraphina.

".....?" Seraphina looks at John.

John hugs Seraphina. Zane and Zari appear and look at the two. Arlo ad Elaine look at the twins. The twin look at Arlo and Elaine then back to John and Seraphina. Seraphina begins to tear up.

"Don't think about that right now. Everything takes time. I'll be there." John says.

Arlo and Elaine stay silent.

'I hope you keep your word John.' Zane and Zari think.

'Things will get worse the longer you hide your ability from her after everything she's been through.' Zari thinks.

A bit of time passes, Remi and Blyke enter the infirmary.

"ISEN!" Remi calls.

"...." Blyke looks concerned.

"ISEN, ARE YOU HERE?" Remi yells.

"THIS IS THE FUCKING INFIRMARY! KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN!" Doc shouts as he slams his hand on the table.

Remi and Blyke sweat a little.

"....." Remi stays silent.

"Your friend's in the back." Doc points at the back with his thumb.

Remi and Blyke walk to the back and see Isen on the infirmary bed.

'Aw, shit!' Isen thinks as he holds the blanket.

"There you are!" Remi says.

Remi looks to her side.

'Why'd you guys have to show up now, of all times?' Isen questions in his mind.

Remi pushes the curtain open. "Arlo? What are you doing here?" she asks. "......." "Elaine? Seraphina too? What's going on?"

"You know what privacy is?" Arlo and Zane says in unison.

John notices Isen.

"I SWEAR, I WAS NOT EAVESDROPPING! I PLUGGED MY EARS THE WHOLE TIME!" Isen yells in a worried tone.

Remi looks confused.

"Jeez.. You look like crap." Blyke says.

Zane and Zari look at each other. Zari glances at John. Zane nods his head.

"SHUT UP! I tripped and fell down some stairs, okay?" Isen says.

Zari facepalms.

"Dude, who you trying to fool? We already know someone kicked your ass." Blyke says.

"There are rumors circulating about you getting into a fight with a masked student." Remi says.

Seraphina looks concerned. Isen looks nervous.