Chapter 50 Talk & Call

*Apartment*
Lex and Maria were finishing up paper work. Zane, Zari & Mrs.Lance were sitting on the table.

"That Keon guy is no good. I can see it in his eyes and his tone. He really wasn't backing down for John and Seraphina." Mrs.Lance says.

"So what are you going to do mother?" Zari asks.

"Simple. Nothing right now. He hasn't done anything YET." Mrs.Lance says.

"And what about John and Seraphina?" Zane asks.

"It's the same what I told you two. Make sure things don't go overboard. John will eventually snap. But he knows he won't go betraying us. After all, we can take him down with us." Mrs.Lance says.

"And he's willing to go down if its us. Because either he knows that he doesn't stand a chance against us or that he doesn't want a target on his back." Zari says.

"Someone like him would be classified as a Threat Level S." Zane says.

"Indeed. Coping and amplifying abilities is a rare ability. And mental abilities seem to be his only weakness." Mrs.Lance says.

"That or abilities that are too complicated to copy." Zari says.

"Makes me wonder if he can copy and amplify the 'speedster' ability." Mrs.Lance says.

"He does that, I wonder what would be his lightning color." Lex says.

"I'm actually interested to know as well." Maria says.

Mrs.Lance sighs. "Just keep me posted."

Zane and Zari nod.

"Have you heard from Lori and Hank?" Mrs.Lance asks.

"They learned that the authorities are supplying Ember. At this point, we might as well assume that Ember is some task force made by them. Not just a group that was formed out of nowhere." Maria says.

"Yeah. It was kinda obvious how Ember and the authorities are connected." Zari deadpans.

"In any case, Hank and Lori took the supplies from a base in East Wellston and are sending it to HQ." Maria says.

"Good. Let's see what they are giving out." Mrs.Lance says.

*Later that night*
Zari was practice her fighting style. Her phone begins to ring. Zari checks her phone to see Seraphina calling.

"Hello." Zari answers.

"Hey Zari. You busy right now?" Seraphina asks.

"No. I just finished working out. Why?" Zari asks.

"I wanna talk." Seraphina says.

"Okay. What you want to talk about?" Zari asks

"About John....." Seraphina says.

"...." "What about him? Did something happen?" Zari asks.

"He's been..... avoiding my questions. He doesn't tell me what's wrong with him. Earlier, his hand wouldn't stop shaking after meeting that Keon guy. I asked him what's wrong but tells me he's fine when I know he isn't." Seraphina says.

"*sigh* John sure knows how to treat the person he loves horribly." Zari smirks.

"You better not be smirking right now. I'm serious." Seraphina says.

"Okay okay. But in all seriousness. Maybe he had some past with that Keon guy or something. Maybe he's too nervous to talk about it. It's just my guess. Give him time. He'll warm up to you. Or maybe I can do the warming up for you instead." Zari smiles.

"NO! Erm.... I just wanted your opinion on the matter." Seraphina says.

"Listen, this is John we are talking about. You know how stubborn he is." Zari says.

In John's room. He sneezes.

"Yeah... Your right. I'm just worried you know." Seraphina says.

"Maybe I'll talk to him. Or Zane could do the talking." Zari says.

"Really?" Seraphina asks.

"Yeah. He's our friend. Why wouldn't we? Besides, you wouldn't be calling me if it was nothing." Zari says.

"True..." Seraphina replies.

"Maybe I can have a nice session with him." Zari smirks.

"......" "What do you mean?" Seraphina asks.

"Nothing." Zari replies.

"........." "You better not try anything." Seraphina says.

"But you didn't claim him. He's basically single and up for grabs. I told you. I would take him if you didn't make your move." Zari grins.

There was silent on Seraphina's side. Zari looked at her phone with a concerned looked.

"Hello?" Zari says.

"John is mine!" Seraphina shouts.

"Woah! Determined are we?" Zari asks. 'I like doing this. It's fun.'

"S-Shut up!" Seraphina says.

Zari laughs as she believed Seraphina is either mad or blushing.

"Maybe my first should be with him. How does that sound?" Zari asks. 'Even though I'm not gonna do that.'

"ZARI!!! DON'T YOU DARE!!" Seraphina yells.

"Well jeez. Almost made my beautiful ears bleed. But, why won't you let me though?" Zari asks. 'I wanna know what you are gonna say.'

"If anyone is gonna do it with John. It's me." Seraphina says.

"So you basically acknowledge that you want to have sex with John and want to date him." Zari grins.

".............." "You wanted me to say that didn't you?" Seraphina asks.

"Well, I didn't force you. You said it on your own free will." Zari shrugs.

"......" "I'm gonna kill you." Seraphina says.

"Oof! Yeah..... that's not happening." Zari says.

"Then don't play like that." Seraphina says.

"It's not playing when it becomes true." Zari states.

"......" "Goodnight Zari." Seraphina ends the call.

Zari laughs.