Chapter 29 Saving X-Static 2

*Nighttime, Lovun*
Rei savings people from an enemy.

"Heh! I gotta give you props for saving those people. But what makes you think you'll live to see another day hero?" the man says.

"I have before by luck. But this time, I won't lose so easily!" Rei replies.

Rei fires lightning at the man. The man creates a stone wall. He stomps on the ground and stone blades head towards Rei. Rei jumps out of the way. The man smirks and punches the stone wall. The stone wall head towards Rei. Rei gets hit and crashes to the building. The man stomps again and stone blades head towards Rei. The blades pierce Rei's stomach, leg and arm.

"AUGH!" Rei coughs out blood.

The man walks towards Rei.

"X-Static. Today you will die by my stones. Any last words?" the man asks.

"I'm sorry Pinky." Rei says softly.

"Whatever you mumbled was your last words. Goodbye." the man says as he shifts the stone into a stone sword.

The man swings the stone sword towards Rei. The stone sword hits something but it wasn't Rei. A metal sword blocked the hit. The man looks to see a female with a masquerade mask(butterfly) and a bandana mask(red).

"Who the hell are you?" the man asks.

The female looks at the man and kicks him away. The man slides back.

"Alright kid. You asked for it." the man says as he stomps on the ground.

Stone blades head towards the female. Two mechanical arms grab the female and Rei. It pulls the up to the roof of the building. The man looks surprise and looks up.

"What the?" the man says in shock.

A male with a blue mask covering his face is seen. A female with a red mask covering her face is seen. A male with electrical goggles and a bandana(brown) mask covering his mouth and nose is seen with the mechanical arms holding the female and X-Static. A female with a masquerade mask(flowers) and a bandana(black) mask covering her mouth and nose is seen with the male with the mechanical arms. A male with a black mask to cover his face is seen. A female with a masquerade mask(peacock) and a bandana(purple) covering her mouth and nose is seen with the male.

"So a group of heroes has appeared. More heads on my wall would do nicely." the man smirks.

"You forgot one more." a male says.

The man turns around and sees a person with a metal suit.

A/N: It is like this. Instead of the blue lens, it's sliver leans and the blue color on the suit is dark green. No lightning symbol on the suit.

"A metal suit? Boy, you must be rich if you have that kind of suit to play hero." the man says. "I think I might keep you alive for ransom."

"I doubt that ever happening." the person says.

The man stomps on the ground. Stone blades head towards the person. The person in the metal suit speeds behind the man and vibrates his hand. It goes through the man's back and crushes his heart. The man widens his eyes. The person removes his hand and pushes the man. The man drops to the floor.

"Really X-Static? You almost died again." Zane says.

"*coughs* Hehe. Sorry." Rei replies.

"*sigh* We didn't bring our healer so we have to take you to the hospital. Those look serious." Zane says.

"But what about-" Rei gets cut off.

"Don't worry. Just leave that Otto. The rest of you make sure no watches and take the people safely back to their homes." Zane demands.

The others nod and jump down the building. They begin to chat with the people. Lex in his suit speeds up to the roof and stops next to Zane.

"You'll take him to Wellston Hospital for them to take care of him. Just come up with a story that he was attacked during a Ember attack." Zane says.

Otto switches Rei shirt with a plain black shirt and makes holes on the appropriate locations. Otto removes the bandana and shirt and puts the other shirt on Rei.

"All done." Otto says.

"You and Zari will go to Wellston hospital once we head back." Zane says.

Otto nods.

"Speedster." Zane says.

Lex grabs Rei.

"Careful. This will be unpleasant ride." Lex says.

"I'll manage." Rei says.

Lex speeds away with Rei.

*Wellstop Hospital, 45 minutes later*
Zari and Otto enter the hospital. They walk up to the desk.

"May I help you?" the woman asks.

Zari shows her LA HQ ID. "We want the room to a person name Rei."

The woman nods. 'LA HQ? Why are they here?' "Room down the hallway to the left."

Zari and Otto walk away. The woman asks them to sign but is ignored.

*Hospital Room*
Zari and Otto enter to see Rei.

"Hey." Rei smiles.

"Dammit Rei. Why didn't you call us?" Zari says.

Otto activates a machine and presses a button on his shoulder. 'This should prevent our conversation from being recorded and seen."

"Sorry." Rei apologizes.

"*sigh* I swear. You are lucky that we decided to scout today." Zari says.

"So who's the metal suit guy that brought me here?" Rei asks.

"His name is Lex and he's a speedster." Zari replies as she crosses her arms.

"He's really fast." Rei responds with a smile.

"That's a speedster for you." Zari says.

Remi busts the door open and she with her mother rush to Rei.

"Rei! I heard what happen!" Remi says then sees Zari and Otto.

"Zari? Why are you here?" Remi asks.

"*sigh* Our friend found him during an Ember attack. Only he was injured because he save people from getting hurt." Zari replies.

"Thanks for saving him." Remi says with a smile.

"No problem. Let's go." Zari says.

Otto presses the button again and leaves with Zari. Remi watches the two leave.