Chapter 25 Ability Loss and The Speedster

As Seraphina continues to walk, she is called by a woman.

"Excuse me, young lady!" the woman calls out.

Seraphina turns around. "Yes?"

"Sorry to bother you. It seems I left my phone at home. Would you mind telling me the time?" the woman asks.

Oh yeah, sure." Seraphina replies.

Someone was watching Seraphina. However, a male with spiky silver hair with a black long sleeve, blue jeans and black shoes walked by.

"I've got this important presentation today! It's unlike me to be so careless!" the woman says.

"Hm." Seraphina hums.

"Ah, maybe I'm too nervous. That's why I forgot." the woman adds.

'...?'

Seraphina feels off and drops the phone. The male felt something off and turned around. He sees the awkward between the woman and Seraphina.

"Oh gosh, it cracked! I'm sorry!" the woman says.

"It's fine, I think it still works." Seraphina tells the woman. 'What was that?' "It's two-thirty by the way. I should get this fixed soon."

"Phew! That goodness! I still have some time!" the woman sighs in relieve. "Thank you so much! You've been a huge help!" the woman says while shaking.

The male stands by the corner and readies the woman's movement. He notices her shaking a bit. 'She's nervous about something.'

'So excited... All I did was give her the time.' Seraphina thinks.

Seraphina walks away and so does the woman. The woman passes the male and walks to the other side of the street. The male begins to follow her. The woman turns back her head and sees the male following her. She stops and waits for the male to pass by. The male stops as well. The woman turns around and looks at the male.

"Why are you following me?" the woman asks.

"...." the male just looks at her.

"Hello? Can you speak?" the woman asks.

"Yes." the male replies. "Why are you shaking?"

The woman looks surprised and lies. "I'm just nervous about my presentation. That's all."

The male smirks. "You're lying. Your heart beat is irregular ma'am."

He hears a honk then following a crash. The woman looks nervous since the male didn't bother to look away.

"So that's it. The female is your target huh?" the male asks.

"W-What do you mean?" the woman asks nervously.

The male eyes glow blue. The woman looks scared.

"I can't waste time anymore. Looks like you won't talk so I'll just kill you." the male grins as he puts on black gloves.

The male speeds in front the woman and vibrates his hand into her chest. He crushes her heart. The woman widens her eyes in shock. The male removes his hand from her chest and the woman drops dead. He speeds away.

*Alley*
"I appreciate the thought, but I already said I'm fine." Seraphina states. "Leave me be."

"..." the female looks nervous. "There's no need to be so aggressive. We just want to make sure you're okay. At least let us buy you another drink." the woman says with a smile.

*STING*

Seraphina gets injected with a needle. The blue liquid goes into her system.

'WHAT..?! What the hell is going on!?' Seraphina thinks. She pauses time. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" as she hits all four people.

During time paused, a hooded person with a mask had his ability activated and saw Seraphina hit all four people.

'She paused time? Impressive.' the person thinks.

Time resumes and Seraphina huffs. She touches her neck. 'What is this? I can't rewind the injection!' She walks toward the male.

The male looks at her.

"What did you do to me? And what business do you have? Talk!" Seraphina demands.

"You're no position to make demands.." the male says as he coughs.

"..."

"I suggest you come with us quietly. Or we'll have no choice but to harm you." the man says.

"You must be joking. Don't make me repeat myself-!" Seraphina says before stopping to feel pain.

She looks surprised and turns to see the woman stab her with a knife. 'These people.. Are they really.. trying to kill me!?' she thinks.

Seraphina elbows the the female. The female crashes to the wall.

"ACK!" as blood comes out her mouth.

The two males begin to get up and ready themselves with their knives. Seraphina takes out the knife from her.

"Ugh!" as she holds her wound. 'Something in that needle is messing with my ability! That's why I can't rewind my wound!' Seraphina thinks as her vision becomes fuzzy. She squint her eyes. 'It looks like I can still freeze part of my body..' as she freezes the wound on her body.

Seraphina attacks the two males. They look surprised. Seraphina cuts them.

"GAHHHH!"

Seraphina turns around and sees the third male escaping in a portal.

"Hey! Get back here-!" Seraphina cuts herself as the pain returns. "Ugh!" She holds her wound. 'What!? My freeze is wearing off on its own? Could it be...? That injection did more damage than I thought! How did they get their hands on something like this? Who are these people? How many of them are there? Why are they after me? What do they want? ....?! I keep losing focus!' Seraphina stands up. 'I gotta get out of here. They'll be back and.. I can't fight off another ambush like this..!'

The masked hooded person vibrates himself to the wall and Seraphina walks away. As Seraphina is far enough, the masked hooded person vibrates out of the wall. He walks towards the three people.

'She did damage to them. Not bad. But the way she was moving and her injury was hurting her... It seems like they did something to her.' the person thinks. He looks at the van. He speeds inside and looks around. 'Nothing? So, the person who escaped was the one with the stuff. Okay.'

He speeds toward the female and grabs her by the neck. The female opens one eye and sees the masked hooded person. He vibrates his hand and kills the female by vibrating his hand into her heart, crushing it. He moves his hand out of her and drops her. He speeds to the first male and snaps his neck. He moves to the second male and snaps his neck. He speeds away.

John walks back to his place.

'Phew, it's finally friday. Now, I just need to see Sera off and help her move back to the dorms.' John thinks with a smile. As he walks up the stairs and reaches the handle, he notices something. 'Huh!? What's this? Blood?' He opens the door.

The masked hooded person watches John enter the place.

"Hey! I'm back." John says.

The masked person walks across the street towards John's place and has his ability deactivated.

John looks shocked as he see Seraphina lying injured on the floor. "Se-SERA?!"

The masked hooded person heard John yell. 'So he knows her. Sounds to me like he's worried. I would be too if it was them. I better find where the hell is Otto.' The masked person removes his mask and runs.