Chapter 90 Grasshill & Cicada

*Grasshill, Night*

'Ugh, these towns always get so quiet at night... Seriously creeps me out. Whatever. Just find the criminal. take him, and leave. Then I can sleep.' Blyke thinks.

"Hey mister." the boy calls.

"Hm?" Blyke glances to the side.

"Why are you dressed like that? Aren't you hot?" the boy asks.

'The hell? What's this kid doing out all by himself?' Blyke questions. "Uhh... I just have a really bad cough. Don't wanna spread it, you know?" Blyke coughs.

"Oh okay..." the kid responds.

'Is it weird to ask a kid for leads? No one else is around, so I might as well, right?' Blyke questions as he pulls his phone. "Hey, I'm looking for this guy. Have you seen him around here?" Blyke asks as he shows his phone.

"Hm...?" the boy stares at the phone.

"Do you know where I can find him?" Blyke asks.

"Oh, is that suppose to be you?" the boy asks as he points at the phone.

"Huh...?" Blyke was confused. "No... I'm looking for the dude who's been- Wtf?" he looks at the screen of the phone. ".........." 'HOLY SHIT! DID I JUST EXPOSE MYSELF!?'

"Hey, you seem like a pretty cool guy. Can you help me out?" the boy asks. "You see, I'm looking for my dad/ He's-" het gets interrupted.

"OH MY GOSH! THERE YOU ARE, BRENNET!" the woman yells.

"......?!" Brennet looks surprised.

"I'VE BEEN SEARCHING ALL OVER FOR YOU!" the woman yells.

"M-Mom!" Brennet says.

"How many times have I told you to stop wandering out so late!" the woman says as she pulls Brennet.

"But mom, I wanna watch dad fight the big bad guy!" Brennet says.

"Nonsense, you know it's not safe out! You're coming home with me!" the woman says.

"Hold on, kid! By 'bad guy', did you mean Lennon? Where can I find-?" Blyke gets interrupted.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY CHILD, YOU CREEP!" the woman shouts.

"Wh-?" Blyke was confused. ".........." "Tch!" he kicks the ground.

*Tap Tap Tap*

A breathing sound was heard from the roof.

"It seems another fool is using a ability amplifier." the female says.

"Hmph." Lennon smiles.

"Everyone, take caution! here he comes again." the man shouts.

"Back to fight me? When will you idiots learn? Can't you see, your numbers are dwindling? I'm a high-tier. You'll never stand a chance against me. Why don't you make all our lives easier... And just move out of the way?" Lennon asks.

Lennon creates energy disks.

"Ready yourselves!" the man says.

"Pffff, optimistic bunch." Lennon says.

Blyke was behind the building, listening. 'A high-tier...? His registered level isn't anywhere close. Is he bluffing, or...?' He took a peek.

"We won't give in to you! We'll protect this town for as long as we stand." the 2nd man says.

'Wait a sec! That guy though... He looks kinda familiar.' Blyke thinks.

He remembers what the boy said to his mom.