Chapter 16 Traning with the Group!!

As John enters the training room, he sees everyone waiting for him.

"Hey! I thought you guys were already starting." John says.

"Well, we were waiting for you. We want you to have a practice match with Otto in hand-to-hand combat." Zane says.

"Oh sure. You ready Otto?" John asks.

"I am. But first, you should change your outfit. It could get messy when you spar with the others." Otto states.

"Here John." Zane says as he throws some gym clothes at him. "Wear that."

John catches the clothes. "Umm okay?"

*A few minutes later*
John comes back with the gym clothes. Muscle shirt and shorts. He proceeds to the ring. Rosita stands by with the monitor.

"Ready?" John asks.

"Ready as I will ever be." Otto responds.

"This is a one-on-one match. The match will be over when one of you surrenders or has taken a certain amount of damage. Is that understood?!" Zane yells.

"Yes!" John and Otto respond.

"Begin!" Zane shouts.

Otto runs at John. John readies himself while observing Otto movements. Otto rolls down to the ground and upper kicks John in the chest. John is pushed back and falls. John gets up and tackles Otto. John throws a punch at Otto face. Otto takes this chance and punches John sides with both of his fist. John grabs Otto wrists and grips them. Otto smirks and John notices.

"What's with the smirk? I got you." John says.

"Do you now?" Otto says.

John looks confused. Otto moves his legs up and stomps on the floor to get up. John gets up, thanks to Otto.

"But I still got you." John says with a smile.

"You should've stop me when you had the chance." Otto says before doing a low kick.

John and Otto fall. Otto uses the fall to headbutt John in the face. John lets go and Otto rolls to the side. John covers his nose as blood begins to drip.

"Enough! The match is over. Rosa, heal them both." Zane says.

"Okay." Rosa responds.

Rosa gets inside the ring and creates two healing barriers. John and Otto begin to get healed.

"I didn't expect you to do that. Using the fall to headbutt me." John says.

"Believe me. I was worried that you would catch on." Otto says with a smile.

"Guess I got a lot to learn." John says.

Otto and John get fully healed and Rosa removes the healing barriers. Otto and John get up.

"John, you underestimated Otto. Just because he was a cripple, it doesn't mean he can't use tactics and advantages he can find to take down his opponents." Zane says.

"Did you or did you not underestimate Otto." Zari says.

"I did underestimate him." John replies.

"Remember, not matter how powerful you may be, underestimating your opponents will only lead to your downfall. Take the time to understand that." Zane says.

"I will." John replies.

"Alright. So Otto, you ready to spar against Rosa?" Zane says.

"Actually, why not let my sister spar against her. I rather not hit girls." Otto says.