Chapter 54 Leilah & Doc meet Mrs.Lance

*Starlight Restaurant, Night*
Doc(Darren) was looking at the menu.

"Darren!" a woman calls out.

Doc turns to look to see a purple hair woman.

"How've you been?" the woman asks.

Doc stands up. "Hey.. Leilah!"

"Hope I haven't kept you waiting too long." Leilah says.

"Nah, I just got here-" Doc gets interrupted by Leilah hugging him. "......?"

"It feels so good to be back!" Leilah says.

Uru-chan was sitting down with her arms on the table.

A/N: Ahhh! You made a cameo appearance. Sweet.

"I missed you!" Leilah smiles.

Doc is blushing by looking at Leilah. They walk to their chairs and sit down.

"......." Leilah stares at Doc.

"What is it?" Doc asks.

"Hmmm, you always look so angry. Stop furrowing your brow like that..... You're gonna get wrinkles!" Leilah tells him.

"......"

"Come on, smile a bit more." Leilah smiles happily.

"....." Doc smiles. Yet, his smile doesn't look convincing to Leilah. "Better....?"

"Uh, kinda." Leilah replies with a tear of sweat.

The waiter comes with the food. "Here's your chicken, Miss!" He places the plate down on the table.

"Thank you!" Leilah replies.

'Wow, what a gorgeous lady! She seems friendly enough.' the waiter thinks. "And for you, sir-"

Doc stares at the waiter with a smile.

'WTF is wrong with this guy?' the waiter questions in his mind. He places the plate down on the table. "E-Enjoy your food!" the waiter walks away with a scared look.

"......" Doc kept his eye on the waiter with a smile.

Leilah kept her innocent face and smiles at Doc.

They begin to eat.

"So.... How was the trip? Haven't heard you talk too much about it." Doc says.

"Well, ZetaSci recently opened a new branch across the country. They wanted me to fly over and train the new guys. It took a bit longer than expected, but everything is on track now." Leilah says.

"ZetaSci is a company that focuses on ability research, right?" Doc asks.

"Yup, that's the general gist." Leilah says.

"That's similar to what NXGen does. You plan on becoming its competitor in the future?" Doc asks.

"Oh, no... We're not ready to compete with anyone yet. Besides, NXGen is much too big and is backed by the authorities. We're just a small company working on some cool little gadgets." Leilah says.

"What kinda gadgets?" Doc asks.

"That's a secret." Leilah smiles.

"....."

"You'll see when our products hit the market. We've been doing well. We're looking to double our size this year." Leilah states.

"Yeah, well... I wonder if you have an opening for someone with my skill set?" Doc asks.