Chapter 24 Arlo and Elaine talk

A/N: This is a time skip to where Elaine and Arlo begin to chat. William already left.

Elaine walking down the hallway. She notices Arlo and they make eye contact. Elaine looks away and walks away. Arlo looks at her.

"Elaine." Arlo calls out.

"EEK!" Elaine squeaks.

"What's with the cold shoulder?" Arlo asks.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there..." Elaine says nervously.

"Didn't see me? We clearly made eye contact. Is everything okay?" Arlo asks.

"Uh... I just have stuff in my mind right now. Anyways, uh... I'm off to lunch! So i'll talk to you later!" Elaine says as she hurries away.

"..." Arlo grabs Elaine by the arm. "Wait."

Elaine looks surprised.

"What you saw the other day.. You didn't let it slip out, did you?" Arlo asks as he still holds her arm.

"What? N-No! I would never-" Elaine says before getting cut off.

"Then why are you acting so restless?" Arlo asks.

Arlo looks at her. Elaine gets scared and visions John staring at her. She slips.

"EEK!"

Arlo catches Elaine to prevent her from falling.

"Don't bother hiding it. Tell me what's going on." Arlo says.

'That was embarrassing.' "Um.. I'm sorry." Elaine says.

"For what?" Arlo asks.

"I know you didn't want anyone to find out about this..! And it's not like I wanted to. It just happened, and I'm still having trouble processing all of it." Elaine says.

"Hm?"

"John. The one who injured you, Ventus and Meili that day.. It was John, wasn't it?" Elaine asks.

"How did you know?" Arlo asks.

"When Seraphina called me, she was already back... and staying at his place. She wanted me to heal him. That's when I piecing it together. But John.. He saw through me and.." Elaine trails off.

"And what?" Arlo asks.

"The way he looked at me.." Elaine says while shivering. "His glare.. It was so malicious. I just- I was afraid. For my life."

Arlo just listens.

"I don't know how to describe it. But there was some terrifying about him. Whatever is going on between you two... I really just... don't want to get involved. I'm not strong like you. I can't defend myself. But at the same time, because I know his secret. I feel like he could come after me at any moment. I don't know what to do." Elaine says.

Arlo puts his hand on Elaine's shoulder. "Don't worry. As long as his secret doesn't get out, he'll keep to himself. So you just pretend you didn't see anything and you'll be safe." Arlo says.

"Err.. I-Is that what you're doing Arlo? You're afraid of him too?" Elaine asks.

Arlo widen his eyes. 'Afraid?'

Arlo looks away.

"Arlo?" Elaine calls out.

Arlo stays silent until he hears a noise. Arlo looks at the direction and just stares.

"Arlo. I'm not the only one who knows." Elaine states.

"What?" Arlo looks at Elaine. "Who else knows?" he asks.

"Zane and Zari." Elaine says.

'Zane and Zari knew? But how?' Arlo thinks. "Elaine, how did they know?"

"Actually, they came by to John's place to heal him. Zane and Zari came as well with a girl I never seen before. When John confronted me, Zane called him down. The girl then began to heal John in some barrier. As I ran, Zari came after me and told me to keep quiet." Elaine says.

'So Zane and Zari knew but for how long? I should ask them when I see them. But the girl Elaine mentioned. A healer who can heal someone in a barrier. Those two have people for any kind of situation.' Arlo thinks. "Thanks for telling me Elaine. Just remember to say quiet."

*John's place*
Seraphina finishes packing her stuff. 'Well, that's pretty much everything. Now, all I've gotta do is wait.' She takes out her phone and looks at the time. 'Another two hours to kill.. Guess I'll go for a walk.' Seraphina puts her shoes on and leaves. She head to Woaba Boba and orders a drink. A few minutes later she walks out with a drink on her hand. As Seraphina leaves, a woman looks at her and follows her.