Chapter 27 Capturing the Intruders

*John's place, 12am*
Otto, Marlize and Lex were sitting at the table. Zane was watching the three. The others including Zari were asleep. Zane keep the lights off and the light was the computer screen on a medium-low brightness.

"I found it." Marlize says as she points the information.

They read the files. The words "Ability Remover" was highlighted with a picture with a serum.

"So it was a 'Ability Remover'." Lex says.

Marlize scoffs at Lex. Lex ignores Marlize scoff.

"Why don't you leave Lex." Marlize says.

"Marlize no. Leave him be. Lex, why not just watch the house from a different building. Take Otto with you. That's an order." Zane says.

"No. I won't let Otto be with Lex." Marlize says while clenching her teeth.

"It's okay Marlize. I'll be fine." Otto says with a smile.

Marlize smiles at Otto then glares at Lex.

"Don't worry Marlize. I won't hurt your boyfriend." Lex says as he stands up from his chair.

Marlize gets up and grabs him by his sweater. Zane grabs Marlize shoulder.

"If you're really against Otto being with Lex, then I'll leave Otto outta this one. Lex, you'll be watching alone." Zane says.

"Happy now? Your gonna be with your boyfriend." Lex smirks.

Marlize scoffs and let's go of Lex. Lex walks to the door and leave. They see a silver light pass through the window for a second. Zane let's go of Marlize shoulder. Marlize sits back down.

"Why did he have to come back." Marlize says as she reads the files.

"Mother's orders. Nothing we can do about it and accept it." Zane replies.

"Marlize, I would've been fine going with Lex. We all can't stay mad at him. I mean, he look sad about it." Otto says.

"Otto. You're a cripple and you like to see the good in people. However, there's no way we can trust Lex. Not after Mari's death." Marlize says as she looks at him.

Otto frowns and sighs. "Okay. But I'm willing to give him another chance. Someone has too."

"And that's why you were always Mari's favorite. She liked that part about you." Zane says with a smile.

Marlize yawns. "I think we should hit the hay."

"You two can sleep. I'll be with Lex." Zane says.

Marlize closes the laptop and nods. Zane walks out and closes the door quietly. Marlize scoots the chair next to Otto and smiles.

"What are you doing?" Otto asks.

"Your saying by me. No way I'm gonna let you be alone." Marlize says as she warps her arms around Otto's arm. 'I don't want to loose you after everything you done for me.' She leans on Otto's shoulder and smiles.

*Roof, across the street*
Lex was watching the place. Zane lands next to Lex.

"They all hate me, don't they? I don't blame them, you know. I hate myself too and blame myself for Mari's death." Lex says as he still keeps his eyes on John's place.

"Lex. Otto is willing to trust you again." Zane says.

"*sigh* Mari always told me that she liked Otto as a brother. She said she would adopt him in a blink of an eye." Lex says with a smile. "God I miss her...." Lex let's his smile go down.