Yummy Life Force

When you woke up you tiredly walked over to the bathroom to brush your teeth and whatnot. You opened the door, took a moment to process what you were seeing, and immediately shut it again. "Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to Rohan! I forgot you were here!"

He walked out a minute later after washing his hands, equally embarrassed, "I-It's not your fault. I'm so used to living alone that I didn't lock the door..."

Santana came out of his room, confused as to why the two of you were both just standing in the hallway avoiding eye contact. "Um, what's going on?"

"Nothing." Responded the two of you in sync.

"Okay then..." Santana was mildly suspicious but just headed over to the kitchen, turning on the morning radio.

Rohan cleared his throat, "Well, I'm going out into town to do some more research for my manga, would you like to accompany me?"

"Sure... I don't really have much else to do." Which was true. It would also give you the chance to look around for potential Kira suspects, which you would have done anyway.

"Really?" He seemed almost surprised that you had accepted. But his attitude quickly changed, "I mean of course you do. After all, I am the great Rohan Kishibe."

Which was how the two of you found yourselves sitting on the bus together near the back. You were in the seat in front of Rohan, leaving the only empty one behind him.

Josuke ended up getting on a few stops later, "Oh, what's up (Y/N)..." His eyes then landed on Rohan and he went silent. Instead of taking the free seat he decided to stare out the opposite window and stand.

"Why are you avoiding eye contact with me?" Asked the annoyed Rohan. "You should at least greet me like you did with (Y/N)."

"Sorry about yesterday." Josuke struggled to keep his eyes on the manga artist. "Th-That fire must have been quite a hassle."

"Yes. Just like in the movie Pretty Women, about two and a half million yen worth of furniture was burned. Not that I care in the least, (Y/N) was kind enough to let me stay at her place." He pointed at the seat behind him, "Now what are you waiting for? Sit down." Josuke did as asked, but didn't seem happy about it. Rohan suddenly bolted up to his feet while staring out the window, "What?! That was..." He put a hand on your shoulder, "(Y/N), Josuke, did you see that? There was a door to a house in the tunnel wall. There's someone inside."

You shook your head, "No, I wasn't looking. Sorry."

"Ah! There's a window, too! There must be some sort of room that that someone lives in! There's a woman, and a man too! But I can't see either of their faces!" He let out a gasp when a hand was cut off, blood seeming to splatter on the bus window from his perspective. "Did you see that time?"

You figured you must have missed it or something because you still didn't see anything.

Josuke stood up from his seat, "Shut the hell up, Rohan Kishibe! When are you gonna stop messing with me?!"

Rohan looked around at the other passengers, "Can no one else see it?" None of them answered.

You and the mangaka got off at the next stop, Josuke talking, "You want to get back at me by telling a stupid lie like that?"

Rohan glowered at the Higashikata, "A liar like you who cheats with dice... A liar like you who always does something different from what he says, has the nerve to call me a liar?" Josuke didn't respond, "It appears we truly do not get along. I guess you wouldn't understand even if you went back there with me." The bus drove off. "But (Y/N)... you believe me, right? Because I know I saw a man cutting off a woman's hand through a window in the wall of the tunnel. I-It must be a new type of Stand."