Babysitter

"(Y/N), I'm sorry to say this. But I think someone might have printed all your books the wrong way." Noted Jolyne as she took some of your manga off the shelf and saw the book's title on what would have usually been the back end of the book.

"That's just how it is here." You crouched next to her, moving your finger from one panel to the next. Though it wasn't like she could read the Japanese written on the pages.

"Oh. Okay." She just dropped the manga, letting it fall to the floor. "But are you ready to go outside now?"

You had changed since the time Jotaro left, "Yup, I'm all ready. I'm assuming you already had breakfast with your dad?" You asked while placing the manga back for her.

She nodded, "Yeah. We had pancakes at the hotel."

You opened the front door, "We can get some lunch later, then. I know a few good places. What would you want to eat?"

She practically leaped out the door, "Ice cream!"

"You know what? Sure. We can go get some ice cream for lunch." She happily grabbed onto your hand as the two of you started walking, swinging it back and forth with each step.

"I can't believe we're starting our last year of high school this April... time goes by too fast." Mumbled Josuke as he trudged towards school with Okuyasu, "I still don't even know what I want to do with my life."

Okuyasu sighed, "No kidding, but at least you'll get to leave high school. I dunno if I'll be able to get good enough grades again to not be held back. If (Y/N) is in Italy there's no way I'll be able to study well enough to pass." He slowed to a stop when he realized he had just passed you on the sidewalk. "No way! We were just talking about you!" His eyes landed on Jolyne and they stared at each other for a bit, "Is it yours?"

Josuke smacked the back of Okuyasu's head, "You idiot. You saw (Y/N) the other day and that kid wasn't there, so there's way she could have a child that fast. But uh... who are they?"

"Jolyne, meet your great-uncle." You gestured toward Josuke.

She took the time to process the person in front of her before bursting out in laughter, "There's no way I could be related to someone with hair as stupid as that!"

Josuke dropped his school bag as he took a threatening step towards the child, "Okuyasu... you better hold me back." His friend nodded, grabbing ahold of him to stop him from charging at Jolyne. "What the fuck did you say about my hair you little twerp?! I'll snap you like a twig!"

Thankfully you had covered her ears to make sure she didn't here any of the vulgar words spewed out of her great-uncle's mouth. She buried her face into your side and stuck her tongue out at the Higashikata while you spoke, "Josuke, I'd ask you to calm down but I guess that's too much to ask for. So we'll just leave you to it." Okuyasu almost lost his hold on Josuke when he let go with one hand to wave you goodbye.

You and Jolyne arrived at the park. She let go of your hand as she ran straight toward the jungle gym that was designed to look like some sort of animal. "You know, the older kids at my school say there used to be a jungle gym at our playground. Apparently some idiot fell off and broke an arm or something so they took it away. I wonder if they'd do the same thing here if I fall off?"

You laughed nervously, "Please don't get hurt on purpose." You worriedly took a seat at a nearby bench. 

She ran over to you not much later after having conquered the jungle gym, tugging you toward the swings. "Can you push me?"

"Do you not know how to swing on your own? I could teach you if you want." You offered as she sat down.

She rolled her eyes, "Of course I know how to swing, I just can't go as fast when I'm doing it myself. Now push me!" So you stood behind her to do as she asked.