Rank Increased

There was really only one possible explanation for the sight before you. Since Doppio never died while in Bucciarati's body, he continued to live on following the death of Diavolo. And based on what he was saying, it seemed that Doppio truly had lost his other half.

"Doppio..." You put your hands on his shoulders, "The boss is gone. He's been... taken care of."

"What...?" Tears dripped freely down the sides of his face, "The boss... is gone? B-But he never even said goodbye to me! A-And I never even got to hear his voice again after switching bodies with Bucciarati! He wouldn't just leave! Unless..." He sniffled, wiping away at his nose, "you mean that he's dead?!"

You adverted your gaze, "Yes, the boss is dead."

"Th-Then where is his body?" He asked with desperation, "You have to at least let me see him!" He grabbed tightly onto your arms, "I want to see him one last time!"

Now you knew for certain that Doppio really didn't know that the boss was actually his other personality. You felt now wasn't exactly a good time to tell him that information, so you'd just let it be. "I'm afraid I have no idea where the body is, Doppio. But if you want to stay alive, you should probably get out of here and stay on the down low. I suppose you could potentially try to rejoin, under whoever the new boss is going to be, but I'm not sure how well anyone is going to take to that. Can you still use your Stand?"

He looked at you in confusion, "But I... I don't have a Stand. Sometimes Boss would lend me his, but I don't have one of my own." He wanted to prove his point by failing to bring out a Stand, but a tiny pink face appeared on his forehead. Shocked, Doppio moved one hand to poke at the small face, "Epitaph... The Boss must have lent me his Epitaph before he died..." After sitting in silence for a few moments he locked eyes with you again, "I don't know if I want to be a part of a Mafia that doesn't have my boss. I feel so lonely. I just..." He let out another sob, pulling at his hair. "I just want him to call me again like he used to!"

You let out a small sigh, not wanting to leave him like this. But if you stayed too long Giorno would probably come looking for you. And you couldn't imagine how that could possibly end well, "You know my number, right?" He nodded. "Then if if you make a decision you can call me, okay? I hope... I hope you can find a way you can be happy." And then you left the pink haired man, who was still drenched from head to toe, hoping that maybe he could have a better life without Diavolo being a part of it. You glanced to your shoulder, seeing the spider seemed to have disappeared yet again. Not that you were particularly surprised.

Meanwhile, Giorno was some distance ahead of you, the little arachnid standing on the back of his hand. "So, you are Kiaria, right? The spider that can see and control fate?" You had mentioned her to him a few times.

"Yup, that's me. And you are the first son of Dio." The spider seemed nearly too happy, "Since you swiped me off of (Y/N)'s shoulder, I assume you have a question for me."

Giorno wasn't sure if he'd ever get such a chance again, so he went right along and asked, "(Y/N)... is it my fate to be with her?"

"Oh, I see." A mischievous grin made its way onto the spider's face. "I think I have a better question, though." She climbed her way up to his arm and whispered into his ear, "Do you want it to be?"

Giorno stopped walking, "Do I... want it to be?"

The spider nodded her head, "Yes, that's what I just asked you. I consider Dio to be a friend of mine. Since your are one of his sons, I don't mind pulling a few strings for you."

"But, does that mean... at this very moment it isn't my fate to be with her? Everything I've felt up to this point is all-"

The spider cut him off, "No, that's not what I'm saying. Fate showed that you were supposed to be killed by Diavolo. But you changed that with your new Stand, and now all of your strings are a mess. Which means your fate is currently undecided. Eventually, it'll start to sort itself out. However, that doesn't mean I can't design a future for you if you want me to. And who knows, maybe it'll turn out how you want it to, anyway."