The Youth

You couldn't believe you were actually asking it, but, "Dio... you okay?"

He spent a few more moments staring at the picture, "Yeah... it's just... I really have a son?"

"We can't really know for sure yet. That's why the foundation wants a DNA sample." You tapped at the words on the back of the photo, "He does kind of look like you though, and you did say you had slept around quite a bit. So I wouldn't be all that surprised."

He handed the photo back to you, "We should head to Italy right away, then. We have to make sure that he's doing alright and that he's in a safe place with people who care for him. I can't..." He took in a shaky breath, "I can't let him end up with such a horrible and wretched father like I did... I can't let him end up like... me..."

You were personally quite shocked. Dio just seemed so... worried. All his normal bravado had seemingly vanished. Not entirely sure what to do, you reached a hand toward the vampire, "Dio..."

He clasped on tightly to your hands as he looked up into your eyes from his still seated position on the couch, "I have always wanted to show that I was better than my father. This gives me a chance to prove that I am different from that scum. Maybe it's too late now, but at least I can try... I can be a good father... I can care for my son... Can't I?"

You looked at Santana for help with what to do, but he just shrugged. So you sat down next to the vampire, letting him continue holding your hands. He wasn't Kira, so you weren't particularly worried. "Dio, I can assure you that I will try to find Haruno Shiobana while in Italy. But... what will you do if he's your son but not a Stand user? Then he would never be able to see you."

He shook his head, "No, I'm certain that any child of mine would be a Stand user. It's probably something incredibly powerful, maybe even stronger than my Time Stop!" His golden eyes seemed to shimmer in excitement, and you started to worry that perhaps his motivations weren't as righteous as Dio was making it out to be.

You gave a nervous laugh, "Perhaps you should lower your expectations for the time being. Until we know what's for sure and what's not."

He nodded along, "You're right. Of course you are. I just need to calm down a bit. But (Y/N), if everything does happen to work out, could be his motherly figure?"

You promptly quieted him, "Let me stop you there, Dio. He's fifteen right now, so physically I'm like one or two years older then him. So I think it'd be kind of weird to everyone, me included, if I like took him in or something. It's strange enough having people think Santana's my dad sometimes when we go to the store. Although, I can guarantee that I'll try to get along with him. He is partially Jonathan's son too, after all, so he can't be all bad."

Dio gasped, realizing what you said was true, "Oh no! Oh nonononono! This is horrible!"

"Yeah... you look like maybe you need some time to sort yourself out. Imma send you away for now." And with that you had him disappear so he could think things over. You put the photo back into the folder with a paper clip to hold it down.

"You know... I never really thought Dio would care so much about his own child." Mumbled Santana as he stood up, "Do you think this could be what it takes to make him actually change?"

"I hope so. It'd be about time." The two of you went over to the kitchen to eat the food Santana had brought home from work. Afterwards, you spent a few minutes packing what you'd need for the upcoming trip. You guessed you'd stay in Italy for a few month or so at most. Afterwards you simply went to sleep.

It was Kars who woke you up in the morning with a gentle nudge, "(Y/N), I believe someone is at the door. Santana already left for work so you're the only one here who can answer. I thought you might want to know."