Shoot to Kill

You sat in the passenger seat of the car that Bruno was driving. It had been roughly a month of gathering more intel and planning. All of it in preparation for the event going on. Ricco Veleno was hosting a masquerade party for the twenty year anniversary of his hospital being open.

"Do you have the photos?" Asked Bruno while turning to the right.

"Yup. Right here." You held up the envelope in a gloved hand. You were told to throw them in the air just before the kill.

It was mainly pictures of Veleno in the area that had replaced the former orphanage in terms of being the spot for illegal activities. His new place for testing and making various drugs as well as where he met with the Narcotics Team to give them the goods. You had taken a few of the pictures yourself, but it was mostly done by La Squadra.

While you and Bruno were in the car, Abbacchio and Mista were waiting by the drug warehouse to help get the victims out as soon as the signal was given. Secco was working on an underground tunnel of sorts to make for easy access.

"You have the gun and spare bullets, too, right?" Bucciarati glanced at you again while pressing down on the gas petal enough to match the new speed limit.

"Yes. I do." It was in the holster around your thigh. Currently hidden under the fabric of the dress you had worn for the occasion. "And it's two in the head two in the chest?" It was one of Passione's signatures for showing that a certain individual or group had displeased the boss. In this case the reason being drugs. Hence the pictures to explain to the onlookers, civilians and gang members alike. "And he's going to be there, too, right?"

Bruno nodded in response to both questions. "And do y-"

"Yes. I have the invitation." Acquired from a corrupt politician killed by Ghiacchio the other day. 'Accidentally' slipped on a patch of ice at the top of some stairs, her neck snapping upon reaching the bottom. Luckily enough, the invitations didn't have any differences depending on who the receiver was. Just having the piece of parchement was enough. "That's the fifth time you've asked me in the past ten minutes."

"Sorry." He took in a deep breath. "This is the first big thing we've done since Giorno became the boss. Just a bit nervous, is all." He put a hand on your knee, giving it a light squeeze. "I'm sure you've got this, though. And remember, as soon as you complete the mission, leave during the initial chaos. Wherever you go to, I'll be ready to pick you up in this car before you know it."

"The only thing I don't understand is how you'll tell where I'm heading since we didn't plan an official escape route. What if you drive to the wrong side?" You placed your mask over your face now that you were getting closer to where the party was being held.

"He didn't tell you? I thought you knew. The earrings Giorno got you double as a tracking device." Bruno had been under the assumption that it was purely for mission purposes, but that now seemed less likely to be the case.

He'd been doing so much better lately, and now this? "God damn it, Giorno." You cursed him under your breath. You'd been wearing them all this time. Although, even so, it never felt as if he always knew where you were or anything like that. So maybe he hadn't been using them to track you? In any case, you hoped he had a good explanation.

"Sorry, (Y/N). Could you keep them on for this mission, at least?" Bruno pulled the car to a stop right in front of the Veleno estate. "And um... enjoy the party and good luck."

An old man donning a tailcoat opened the passenger door for you. As you stepped out, you placed your invitation into his waiting hand. "I hope you enjoy the party, Señorita." As you made your way up the front steps, Bucciarati drove away. It was at this moment that you let Narancia do his part. He floated up to the second floor to keep an eye on the target. It had already been confirmed that Veleno was not a Stand user, so there was no worries of the Ghirga being seen by him, at least.