Requiem

The blue fog began to clear up as the remnants of Requiem began to disperse, fading away into nothing.

"Damn it!" Diavolo stared down at his empty hands with unadulterated rage. Fate had granted him the ability to skip time, so surely he was most deserving of the arrow. "And despite that, somehow... that arrow is not in my hands! How dare you! There's no way... There's no way that I, Diavolo, would lose like this! I need to retreat for now." He needed a place to hide, to retreat for a moment until he found the chance to get himself back on top.

"Don't let him get away, Giorno... No matter... what you do..." Despite not being able to move all too much, Trish spoke up, "If he gets away, he'll go into hiding. He's planning to run away, Giorno... I just felt it... He took a step back!"

Diavolo got up to his full height, and for the first time saw what Giorno had in his hands, "Wha-"

"H-He's holding the arrow!" Exclaimed Mista.

"So he'll be the one to control the arrow after Requiem..." Abbacchio was annoyed it wasn't Bucciarati, but Giorno was at least better than Diavolo.

"He's not going to run away anymore." You could very clearly see Diavolo trying his darnedest to sprint toward the arrow, "You need to hurry and use the arrow, GioGio!"

"Golden Experience!" Giorno gave the arrow up to his Stand and had it stab itself straight into the chest.

"He did it!" Trish was ecstatic. Finally, the whole fiasco with her father would be over, "The one who will go beyond the power of the arrow is Giorno's Golden Experience!"

"No, you're wrong!" Diavolo leaped several feet into the air, "I thank you, my daughter! Because of your insulting claim that I was going to run, I was able to keep my pride!" Inside his mind he was cackling to himself. The premonition he had witnessed assured him of his victory.

"Wh...What...?" You watched as a gaping hole formed in Golden Experience's chest where the arrow had pierced. Giorno stumbled closer to you, a wound of his own to match his Stand's. "GioGio!"

"B-But why?" Asked Abbacchio, mostly to himself. "Why didn't it work...?" Sure, he hated Giorno a whole heck of a lot, but he hadn't wanted him to die. Or at least, not at the moment.

"It went through him... but the arrow's on the ground." The hope Trish had began to dwindle.

This time Diavolo couldn't contain his laughter, "I'm so glad I didn't run away. So very glad! To be honest, my heart was filled with despair. If my daughter hadn't ridiculed me, I wouldn't have decided to advance on you. And because of that, I saw a premonition of the arrow falling to the ground! Giorno Giovanna..." Diavolo paced around you and Giorno in a circle, "You weak little newcomer... This means that you weren't a suitable vessel. He's already disappeared, but remember what Polnareff said? The arrow decides who is worthy to wield it."

"How dare you." Dio had come out of hiding, standing next to you to support his bleeding son. "No one is more worthy of that arrow than my son." He glowered at the pink haired man, "You, on the other hand, aren't even worthy enough to lick dirt off the bottom of my shoe."

Diavolo responded to the vampire's insults with a sneer, "You say that, but are you really sure you want to test me? I can see the future and skip time, which I would say surpasses your time stop. I have had enough encounters with you to know what it looks like when you stop time. I can see it in my premonitions. I know how (Y/N)'s Stand works now. I'd be able to gut you before you even realize it. I could sever your tie to this world before you have another chance to look at your oh-so-precious son."

"You bastard..." Was what you said. Only for you to wince as Diavolo stepped onto Kars' hat. He started to grind it beneath the toe of his shoes. You hoped that it wasn't being scratched up too bad. After all, Josuke was a couple thousand miles away and wouldn't be able to fix it at the moment.