Fortune Fun

Reimi opened a box of pocky and took a piece out, "Want one?" You accepted, taking one and placing it in your mouth to eat it.

"Hold still!" Shouted Rohan as he flipped open the sketchbook he had hanging from his shoulder, "Hold that pose." You were tad concerned as he started to sketch like crazy. He gave a satisfied smile as he stopped not even a minute later, "Perfect." You bit down on the Pocky as you looked over his shoulder, only for him to shut the sketchbook. Reimi extended a piece of Pocky towards the manga artist. "No thanks."

"Could you just grab the other end, then?" He did as asked and she broke it with A grin, "Aw, you're going to get dumped by some girl."

The mangaka seemed mostly confused, "What are you talking about?"

Her skirt twirled as she turned around to face the two of you again, "It's Pocky fortune-telling. How the Pocky breaks tells me your fortune. You're selfish, aren't you? And you have a tendency to mess with people. That's why you'll get dumped."

You stifled you're laughter as Rohan slunk his arm around your shoulder, "Did you hear that, (Y/N)? She's completely off! She called me selfish!"

You side stepped away from him, "No, I think she hit the nail right on the head with that one. Though I'm not sure how you'll be dumped if you don't have a girlfriend to begin with."

He pursed his lips, "Oh yeah? We'll see about that." He looked back over to Reimi, "And if you're going to play that game, I know a thing or two, as well. Light pink nail polish means you're a coward when it comes to love. You let true love slip away at the crucial moment."

Reimi was shocked and her hand moved over her heart, "No way..."

Rohan smirked, "This is a psychological test, not fortune-telling. If we were looking for real tellings of the future we should've handed (Y/N) here some Tarot cards. I've read that she's learned from one of the best. But other than love, there's something else scaring you right now, isn't there?"

She walked closer to the large purple house at the fork in the road, stopping at the gate. "Apparently, a murder took place at this house fifteen years ago. No one lives there now. Do you want to hear about it? I heard this from the old lady who lives next door. The night of the murder, while the little girl who lived here was asleep in her bedroom, she awoke to a steady dripping noise coming from the bedroom of her parents. Wondering what it was, she called out to her parents in the darkness of the night, but no one answered. But the little girl wasn't scared, because her beloved dog was by her side."

You were more intrigued now, "Dog?"

Reimi nodded, "Yes. A big guard dog. Even in the dark, if she put her hand underneath her bed, he would whimper and lick her hand. She felt safe because Arnold was with her. But for ten minutes the dripping never ceased, and she decided to find out what it was. She found her beloved Arnold dead, hanging from the coat rack. His blood being the source of the insistent noise. Suddenly, she heard a voice from under the bed say, 'Your hand is so soft and cute, Miss. I already killed your parents.' And then... the girl was killed too!"

"Is that a true story?" You asked.

She giggled, "Did it sound like one? It was just payback for him trashing my nail polish."

Rohan leaned a bit to whisper into your ear with a cocky tone, "If you're scared you can hold on to my arm, I don't mind." But he was the one who froze up at the sound of a dripping liquid. His fearful eyes moving to gaze on the dog with its neck gashed open. "Th-That's?!"

"Yes. That girl was me." Confirmed Reimi, "Both Arnold and I are ghosts." Her dog walked out the gate and she scratched the underside of his neck.

You supposed her being a ghost  accounted for why Kars hadn't recognized a heat signature from her.