Tanti Auguri a Te

You sat on a wooden bench next to Giorno, watching as the sun peaked out through the distant mountains.

The blonde was resting his head on your shoulder, "Do you like living here, (Y/N)?" After many long conversations with his therapist, he had been able to convince himself that it was okay if you left at any time. That you shouldn't be here if you didn't want to be.

"It is a nice place. And I've always held Italy pretty close to my heart." That did not mean you didn't miss your home. Your flight had been scheduled around a week ago, but you had canceled it. Wanting to stick around until the end of the whole Veleno thing. And, of course, you didn't want to miss out on Giorno's birthday. At least you knew that Santana was doing all right, having called him a few times and vice versa. "I'll probably be going back to Japan sometime soon, though."

"Of course. I understand." He put his hand on top of yours for a brief moment and then stood up. "I think I'll go take a look around the yard. See what I can do to fix it up." Giorno went on his own to go check it out. "Enjoy the rest of your day, (Y/N)."

So you headed back to the house, thinking that things were working out well so far. You noticed Shiela leaning on the wall by the front door. "Hey, do you think you can keep Giorno from coming back inside until around lunchtime?"

"Sure." She stopped slouching and stood up straight. "I'll do my best." Then she moved to go keep a closer eye on the blonde fellow.

Once inside, you headed back up to your room, "Sorry, Narancia, but it's bye for now."

"Yeah... I get it." The Ghirga still looked a bit sad, but had accepted it.

The transfer was as quick as ever. Dio was now laying on your bed, supporting his head with one hand. "Finally. God, that kid is annoying. Thinks he's all special just cause he can fly around all over the place."

"Hey." You jabbed at Dio's shoulder, "Don't be mean to him like that. He may seem super cheerful, but I'm sure he's having a hard time. It might just be his way of coping with the fact that he's actually dead. I don't think he even realizes what exactly becoming part of my Stand entails. Heck, I still don't even know whether he'll age still or not. He's not immortal like the rest of you."

"I can answer that one for you." Kiaria dropped back in. She was standing on web she had made at some point in the corner of your room. And here you had thought you had done a good enough job of cleaning most of them. "Their body does not age any further past what it was at the moment of their death. So he will be stuck with you and the others in your Stand forever at his current age. Or, at least, until you die or something. But even then, who knows if their souls will ever be freed from the void space."

"Kiaria!" Dio's face seemed to brighten as his eyes fell on the spider. "How are you doing, bestie?!" He gave her a little high-five with his pinky.

The arachnid laughed, "I'm doing great! It's so good to talk to you again. Though I'm sad to hear things are going a bit poor with your eldest son."

You eyed the spider suspiciously, "Eldest son? Why do you say it like that?" There couldn't possibly be more of them, right? You didn't know if you could handle that. Would they all be like Giorno? Would they be worse?

"Oh." She giggled. "It's nothing." And then Kiaria skittered away again. Apparently not wanting to be questioned about it further. Mumbling something about spoilers.

"Okay, let's see. What do we need?" Dio had shifted into planning mode. "We have to put up some decorations. We should get some real food, too. Not just cake. Damn it." He bit at the nail of his thumb. "I don't even know what his favorite food is. What kind of a father am I?"