Tiny Problems

You and Narancia left the grocery store, hands full of several bags worth of stuff. You set them on the back seats of the car before sitting down behind the wheel and starting up the engine. As you drove around town a bit to try and throw off any potentially following people, Narancia, who was in the passenger's seat, was using a red marker to draw lines on a map.

"What are you doing, Narancia?" You asked, not wanting to take your eyes off the road to take a good look for yourself.

He clicked the lid of the market back in place, "I've just been keeping track of where we've been so we can't get lost!"

"Um..." You glanced at the rear view mirror. Still seemed like no one was following you, "if someone saw that, wouldn't they know where our base is? I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Narancia's smile faltered, "Oh. You're right. But it's not like they'll be able to get inside the car to see it or anything. And I'll get rid of it later, no worries!" He laughed as he threw it into the back of the car where the groceries were. He then reached over to turn on the radio, starting to bop his head along to the beat as he made sure the volume was all the way up.

You reached over to turn down the volume, since it was loud enough that it could be heard clearly from outside the car. That would be too attention grabbing for the current mission. "Let's keep it down, alright?"

"What?! B-But I really like this song!" His pleading expression quickly shifted as he turned off the radio and narrowed his eyes, "(Y/N), stop the car."

So you applied the breaks and pulled over to the side of the road, "What is it? Did you see something?"

He opened his door and stepped out of the vehicle, taking a look down the road ahead and where you had come from, "Something's wrong. It doesn't look like anyone's following us, but I have a bad feeling."

You looked out your window. The streets did seem empty for the most part. Then you heard a sort muffled grunt coming from somewhere nearby. Narancia must have heard it, too, since he started to look around the car.

"Come on already." You heard someone else speak up. And you could've sworn you've heard the voice before. "Where exactly are you headed, huh, Narancia?"

"That came from below!" Narancia crouched down and looked under the car.

But you, on the other hand, were staring at the person that seemed to have just appeared in the back seat of the car. "Oh. You're that cat guy."

The man laughed, "So that's where I saw you before. No wonder I thought you looked familiar." He leaned an arm on one of the bags of groceries, "So, where you headed?"

"Who are you?! Get out of this car!" Narancia leaned back in through the open car door and aimed his switchblade at the intruder.

The guy held his hands up and backed into the seats, "Woah, woah, woah, talk about scary!" Then he sat up straight again, all fake fear gone, "I'm the one asking questions here. Don't answer a question with another question. That's rude."

"Shut up! Get the hello outta my car, you dumbass!" Narancia wasn't going to take any orders from the odd dude in his car.

The guy rubbed the back of his head and sighed, "You're not leaving me with any choice. My name's Formaggio. I'm a member of the organization. You already know that Polpo died yesterday, right? Yet everyone on your team just happened to disappear at once. Right when I had something important to discuss with you guys. I finally found Narancia, and you look like you're new to their group. But where's everybody else? Where's Bucciarati and the rest of your squad?"

You shrugged, "Hell if I know. It's not my job to keep watch over everyone else. Usually they hang out at Libeccio. Did you check there?"

"Yeah, why would we know? Just go check somewhere else." Piped in Narancia.