The Problem

"So, you're the last one aren't you?" Kars was holding the stone mask in one hand, staring into its eyes. He was also sitting on the edge of Giorno's desk, one leg crossed over the other.

"And it's real, right?" Giorno just wanted to confirm.

Kars set it back down onto the desk, sliding it closer to the Giovanna. "Indeed it is. One of my earlier works, too. No spot for a Red Stone of Aja. This model has been out of date for thousands of years at this point. But, just like any other, it will react to blood. Spikes extend out from here," He traced a finger around the edge, "Which will then puncture the wearer's skull. Pretty basic stuff."

"I see..." Giorno's lips were pressed in a tight line as his gaze remained on the mask of stone. He picked it up, locking eyes with it.

"GioGio..." You took a cautious step toward him, "You aren't going to...?"

"What? Forsake my humanity? Make myself immortal for the chance to spend eternity with you?" The Giovanna flipped the mask around, a few centimeters away from actually wearing it, "A month ago, the answer would have been so simple for me. I might've worn it without a second thought." He gently set the mask down on the desk, "But that's not what you want, is it?"

"Of course not, GioGio. You know that. You can't ever go back from a decision like that. You wouldn't be human anymore. You'd be a monster." Kars raised an eyebrow at your words. Wondering if he fell into your monster category.

"A monster? Yes... I suppose that's true." Giorno's finger traced the fangs etched into the mask. "I'd be a blood sucking beast. A creature of the night. A mere shell of my former self. No more walks during the day or watching the sun rise, else I'd become a pile of ash. There's no way I could be considered good after a decision like that. I'd be just like my father."

"And no one wants that." Grumbled Kars. The last thing he wanted was for there to be a second Dio around.

"You may have some similarities here and there, but you aren't your father, GioGio." You felt it important to remind him of that.

"Yes... I'm not him." Giorno picked the mask up again, this time tossing it up into the air, "Golden Experience!"

"Muda!" The Stand's fist punched straight through the stone mask, pieces sprinkling down onto the floor.

"Whew." The blonde let out a sigh of relief, leaning onto the desk. "I did. It's over. Never again. You'll never go through anymore troubles because of these stupid stone masks." He looked back over at you, a small, albeit tired, smile on his face. But his eyes seemed much brighter. As if the light had finally come out from behind the clouds. "I'm sorry if I worried you."

You walked up to Giorno and pulled him into a tight hug, earning a small, surprised gasp from him. "I'm just glad you destroyed it yourself, GioGio." It would've been a much different story if you had to rip it out of his hands and break it yourself. "But I wouldn't be so sure that it's all over." You let out a bitter laugh, "We've been saying that for the past century, yet new problems related to it just seem to keep popping up."

"Hah! You can say that again." Exclaimed Kars, watching the exchange before him, "I suppose history has a habit of repeating itself. Another JoJo means there's going to be another problem. Who's next? Jotaro's daughter?"

Giorno pulled back from you, gripping you by the shoulders. "Well, if any more problems related to it show up, you let me know, okay, (Y/N)? I want to help. All of Passione is at your disposal."

"Thanks... GioGio." You brought a hand up to meet his own. "If something else comes up, you'll be the first to know."

"Yo, Giorno. Can I- Oh, fuck!" Mista started hopping on one foot, trying to stare down at his currently bare left foot that had a grey shard of stone sticking into it. "Did I... Did I just step on a piece of the stone mask?! The thing that makes people become vampires?! Oh God!" He leaned onto the nearest wall, "I can feel it happening already!" He then fell down, rolling around on the ground, "It's traveling up my leg! Just cut it off!"