Oh, That Sucks

"Narancia, what the heck are you doing?!" Shouted Mista while climbing up to where the Ghirga had last been. Surprised by what he saw, he called over everyone else, "H-Hey, come look at this!"

As everyone gathered around the cubular space, Giorno picked up what was there, "It seems one shoe is all that's left."

Abbacchio snatched the piece of footwear, "Give it here, Giorno!" He held it up, inspecting it closely for any sign of what caused Narancia's sudden disappearance.

Fugo scratched the back of his head, "I don't quite understand what's going on. Where did he go?"

Bruno's eyes widened in surprise, "You guys didn't see it?" But he quickly refocused his attention and relayed his information, "To me it looked like Narancia got pulled into this box."

Mista's eyes scanned the rest of the boat and the water surrounding it, "That's impossible! He didn't randomly fall off into the ocean, did he?"

"Um..." You started to speak up, getting the others attention, "Don't you think that this is most likely a Stand attack?"

Giorno nodded along, "I think you might be right."

Bruno inhaled sharply, "I was worried that might be the case. But this early on our quest? And where would the user even be? We checked the boat thoroughly before setting sail and no one else was here."

"Narancia, if you're just fooling around and hiding... Hup!" Mista jumped down with a ring buoy in one hand, still searching for his teammate, "Hurry up and answer us!"

You continued to explain your case, "Well, a Stand can be nearly anything, right? I've fought against a monkey who's Stand was a big freighter. It might be a similar case here. But it could be remote control or just a fish or something that's been swimming alongside us the whole time. Although, I guess it might make more sense for the user to just be hiding somewhere we didn't check all that well."

Bucciarati looked down at the boat he currently stood on, "How would we fight a Stand like that, though? Destroying the boat leaves us stranded but staying on it puts us all in danger at every moment. I suppose we should hope that isn't the case."

You shrugged, "It was just an idea, anyway."

"W-Where did you go, Mista?!" Called out Fugo who had also been searching the boat still. "Come on Mista!" He opened he hatch leading inside the ship, "Why are you messing around now-" But he suddenly went silent.

"Fugo?" Bruno rounded the corner to look at the hole suit man only for him to have vanished like the others. He looked behind him just to make sure the rest of you were there, "Abbacchio, Giorno, (Y/N), stay close to each other!" The four of you put your backs together to look in all directions. "How likely do you think it is that we're fighting a remote control Stand?"

You shook your head, "Not very. There doesn't seem to be much of a matching condition for all the disappearances of the others. The Stand ability could just be helping them hide themselves. And if they're after what I think they are, they'd want to be here to listen in."

Bruno kept with his careful watch, "My thoughts exactly. Which is good because that means we have a better chance of winning if the user is simply on the boat with us."

"But why are they attacking us now?" Asked Abbacchio.

Bruno knew the answer to that, "The money. Someone found out that I knew where it was, and they're trying to steal it. Which means they're from the organization."

Abbacchio clicked his tongue in annoyance, "So have they been tracking us ever since we were on the shore?"

"Seems like it." Bruno's eyes continued to dart around, "They probably grew impatient because I wouldn't just say where the money is. They must intend to get rid of everyone but me, and then make me cough up the location. And they can take their sweet time since we're out in the ocean with nowhere to run."