Oath

You, Doppio, and Fugo all sat together at a table located near the back of the restaurant. It had a window near it, with a nice view of the outdoors.

Narancia floated over to the table, letting out an exasperated sigh, "All the waiters are ignoring me!"

You calmly took a sip of water, "They can't see or hear you, Narancia."

"Oh... right..." The flying boy looked up at you, seemingly on the brink of tears, "But how am I suppose to order?"

"I..." Fugo covered his mouth with a napkin, coughing out some blood. "...can order something for you, Narancia. Just tell me wha you want." He slid the menu over. He didn't feel like eating anything, anyway.

Narancia picked it up, earning a lot of stares from the staff members. They only saw a floating menu, but didn't dare question members of Passione about whatever tricks their eyes were playing on them.

Doppio yawned, "God... I'm so tired." It was really early in the morning. The restaurant wasn't even open yet. Which also meant you didn't have to worry about other customers. "Why couldn't we have just come here later?"

You shrugged, "Hell if I know. This is the time and place I was told to bring you guys."

"It's the damndest thing." Giorno was suddenly at your side. He was wearing a black suit this time, with green ladybugs clipped to the front. He took the empty seat next to you as a waiter placed a dish in front of him. "The chef here is incredible, but for some reason he always insists on serving me chicken or duck. I'm not even a big fan of fowl. But he says I haven't lived until I've tried it. It does smell delicious though, don't you think?"

Fugo put a hand to his mouth. The pain he had felt just moments ago had disappeared. He had been fully healed instantaneously. Staring at the leader of Passione was all he could do at the moment. He knew it must have happened because of Golden Experience.

"GioGio, you couldn't have used your Stand to heal him a week ago?" You said it somewhat jokingly, but there was definitely some seriousness to it. Why waste all this time in the hospital when his Stand lets him heal people so quickly.

He gave a halfhearted laugh, "I was just busy. It takes a lot of work to run a gang, you know? And you didn't have to stay at the hospital with them, you could've come back."

"There was a hotel nearby. So I just stayed there." You had also just wanted to be close enough to show up on time if anything bad happened.

"Er... boss?" The title felt strange on Doppio's tongue. He didn't exactly like using it for someone else.

"Oh, please. Giorno's fine. Boss was Diavolo's title. We're trying to change things up around here." He took a moment to dab at his mouth with a napkin. "Narancia, could you please excuse us for a moment. I'll get you some cake later, I promise.

"Okie doki!" The menu plopped onto the table once he vanished.

"Why me?" Mumbled Fugo. "For such an important mission, how could you choose someone like me? I'm a traitor. You can't trust me."

"That right there is your worst trait, Fugo." Pointed out Giorno. "You say that, but you don't believe a word. You don't think you betrayed anyone. You think we see you as a traitor, and say as much, but you don't believe it yourself. You focus so much on what most people view as common sense, or what others think the right way is to do something. But deep down you despise it. You can't stand it when others don't believe what you believe, and that's why you suddenly snap over nothing."

Fugo seemed to have started shivering under Giorno's gaze. As if the man was somehow able to see into his soul.

Giorno took a sip of wine, "I'm sure (Y/N) must have mentioned by now that I also had some worries regarding whether or not your rage could live on through your Stand if you happened to die. So you needed to be the one to change by overcoming your fear for your own virus. I wasn't completely sure if you could do it, but Bucciarati has a lot of trust in you and I trust him. So really it wasn't that hard of a decision at all."