What a Catastrophe

"Did anyone hear that loud noise?"

"I wonder what it was?"

People were starting to walk out of the various buildings lining the streets, having heard the ruckus. The hope for a quite little shopping trip was no longer possible.

"Come back now, Aerosmith!" Narancia stuck his arms out for his Stand to land on and then fade away. He then stuck his foot back into the shoe that had fallen off during his little rampage earlier. He rubbed at his face again, "Huh, the cut already stopped bleeding. And I thought he got me good, too." He grabbed your hand to inspect your injuries, "And it looks like it's the same for you. The Stand must not be all that strong in terms of physical strength."

"Um, Narancia?" You were looking at the shoe he had just put on. It seemed several sizes to big. And then you looked over at the car that seemed to have become a bit taller than you remembered, "I think I figured out what his Stand is doing to us."

But Narancia, who's attention was drawn to the knife on the ground that he had just picked up, didn't seem to hear you, "Where'd this knife come from? It's not mine. Did that asshole take mine or something? Did you see where mine went, (Y/N)?" He started to walk around to look, but tripped because of the shoe that was too big. "What?! This shoe isn't mine either!"

"Actually, I do believe those are your things." You compared the big shoe to the 'normal sized' one so he'd realize it was still the same brand, style and everything. "It's because of Formaggio's Stand ability."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "But why did he decide to make my knife and one of my shoes a bit bigger than normal? That just seems stupid."

You shook your head, "No, he didn't make those things bigger. We're getting smaller." You stood directly next to the car, your head now barely reaching above the door handle. "See what I mean?" You thought for a moment, "I suppose that means that Formaggio has shrunken down and hidden himself somewhere. Since we haven't shrunk down immediately, I would think he can't control the pace of the ability on anyone but himself."

Narancia dropped his shoe as he watched it seemingly get even bigger in his hand as the two of you continued shrinking. He noticed a sign with a telephone on it hanging from a nearby building, "We should try and get a hold of Bucciarati and the others! We can call them!"

You took your shrunken phone out of your pocket, "My phone doesn't seem to really be working much anymore now that it shrunk down with me."

"No, we can call him from over there!" He pointed to the sign and proceeded to run face first into the glass door of the building, "Ow! What the hell's wrong with this automated door?'

"I don't think you're heavy enough to activate the pressure sensor on your own anymore." You stepped onto it too and that seemed enough for the door to open on up. "We have to move quickly though so it doesn't slam shut on us." So once it opened wide enough, both of you dashed inside. "But what exactly are you planning to pay for the phone call with? All our money shrunk down with us."

Narancia gave a cocky laugh, "Hah! I already thought of that! " He brought out Aerosmith and had it shoot one of the pay phones. Several coins began to pour out. "See?"

"Sweet!" You gave him a boost up to the telephone, figuring he could make the call since the only number you knew from Bucciarati's gang was Narancia's. But it seemed Narancia didn't actually have it memorized or anything either as he glanced at the numbers written on the back of his hand.

He hoisted up a coin and slipped it into the slot before reaching down to pick up a severed wire. "(Y/N), I think he's here! He's gotta be hiding around here somewhere! I'll check behind the phone!" He crouched down to do what he said.