Joining Forces

"Oh, I... um..." Doppio realized his mistake, but struggled to come up with a decent explanation. He was a pretty bad liar, anyway. He was sure that either you or Risotto would be able to pick up on it if he chose not to tell the truth.

You narrowed your eyes at him, "You are a part of the organization, aren't you? What's your name?"

Doppio's shoulders slumped, "Yeah... I do work for Passione. My name is Doppio. B-But I'm not here to hurt you, though! You helped me out that day. The boss will be mad at me, but maybe I can convince him that we don't need to get rid of you at all! Then maybe you could rejoin the organization again!" His brown eyes looked at you with hope.

You were a bit surprised by the offer. Of all the things you expected him to do, asking you to rejoin Passione was not one of them. "What about him?" You pointed to Risotto, "Are you going to try and kill him?"

Doppio looked down at the ground, "Does it... matter? Your teams are enemies, right?"

"Then what about the rest of my team? Can you keep them alive?" You could already guess what the answer would be.

He gulped nervously, "No... I can't. Th-They're too close to figuring out stuff about the boss! You understand, right?"

Risotto took a step closer to you and the pink haired man, "Let's see. Doppio must be a Stand user since he noticed Aerosmith. He is also someone close to the boss, since he was given this mission. Yet he acts like this. What do you think we should do, (Y/N)?" He was curious to know what you thought of the situation.

"Oh no..." The realization hit Doppio like a ton of bricks, "Your two aren't enemies at all, are you?! Y-You're working together! This is bad!"

Watching Doppio, you weren't really sure what to do. He definitely didn't seem like some super elite guard of the boss. He appeared genuinely scared. Like he didn't really belong in Passione. Had he been unwillingly dragged into it? "Relax, Doppio. We haven't done anything to you yet, have we?"

"You didn't, but he made me trip and break my nose." Doppio gestured to the blood that coated the lower half of his face and part of his shirt.

"You just freaked out and tripped. It wasn't like I pushed you." Was how Risotto responded. "Now, tell us what you know about the boss."

"We might even let you go afterward." You wouldn't actually go through with it, but you tried to create some sort of incentive.

Doppio let go of your sleeve and backed away from you, shaking his head, "I-I can't betray the boss! I don't even know much more than you already do, anyway!" His eyes twitched again and he held his head in his hands, "This is all going so wrong! This wasn't supposed to happen!"

You moved a bit closer to Doppio, "Then could you tell us something about yourself? What's your Stand ability?"

"I... I can't tell you anything!" Cried out Doppio. He then looked over the cliff, seeing that your team had gathered along the coast. "D-Damn it! This isn't good at all! I need to- Turururururu..." He paused looking around, "Where is it? Tururururu... Ah! There!" He picked up a frog and held it up to his ear. "Click."

You weren't entirely sure what had just happened. It seemed like he was talking to the frog, but he kept his voice quiet enough to stop you from listening in. Did his Stand give him the ability to turn things into phones or something?

Risotto watched Doppio warily, "We've spent long enough here. It's time we take care of him."

"G-Gah!" Razor blades started to cut through Doppio's neck, and he screamed out in pain. He looked around frantically. From you to Risotto to your teammates, one hand covered his throat to stop the bleeding. "G-Got it boss." His demeanor seemed to shift as he sprinted past you toward the assassin. "I'll kill you!"