Truth

"What the...?" Your mouth moved to speak those words, but nothing came out. Giorno and Diavolo stood in front of you, seemingly stuck in place. It was like time had been frozen, but you didn't think it was the work of Dio. Mainly because you could see your own body to your right, still standing next to the vampire. You tried to grab a hold of your body, but your hand seemed to just phase through.

"You aren't really here right now, so you can't interact with anything. At the moment, you are nothing but a spectator." The rather high pitched voice was still familiar to your ears, belonging to the tiny arachnid that was barely noticeable on your body's shoulder. Spider Dance was a few feet away from the spider, Kiaria, its arms weaving through many threads that you couldn't see.

"So, you did this to me?" You stared down at your semi-translucent arms. "But why? How?"

"Well, normally you would lack consciousness during this moment because of King Crimson. By separating that part of you from your body, I am allowing you to witness the scene before you. And, well..." The spider tapped its head with one of its limbs in thought, "I am able to see the fate for almost everything besides segments of fate's string that have been knotted together. At those specific moments in time, even I can be surprised by what happens. The outcome is yet to be determined. Usually because something ended up altering fate. This just so happens to be one of those times."

"So you just decided to show up because you wanted to see what happened during one of those... knots?" You weren't sure if your were understanding her correctly. "Was Diavolo not supposed to skip time right now?"

The spider giggled, "For your first question, I've been watching this whole group for quite a bit. Whenever fate is involved, I like to be around, keeping a few eyes open. Especially fate related Stands, as sometimes inconsistencies are created."

"As for your second question, on Diavolo's string, it shows that he was supposed to have killed Giorno by punching open the head of his Stand. After all, that's what he saw in his premonition, which should be accurate. However," All eight of her red eyes narrowed, "the arrow did accept Giorno's Stand, and it seems to have a power that could be rather dangerous, or perhaps useful, depending on how you look at it. It's unlikely that even I could lay a scratch on it."

"Okay... so you wanted to see what GER would do because you don't know what's going to happen?"

"Exactly!" She stood up on her back legs, clapping two pairs of limbs together. After a second or two, she stopped, becoming more serious. "I could always unravel the knots and choose what will play out. But I grew tired of knowing everything a long, long time ago. It gets dreadfully boring. These years, I prefer being surprised." The spider's beady little eyes twinkled, an almost sinister smile crossing her face, "Well, aren't you excited?"

"Not exactly... And that still doesn't explain why you decided to let me see this with you." You were still quite wary of the spider, since she bore loyalty to nothing but herself. You felt that she must have some kind of ulterior motive.

Kiaria shrugged four sets of shoulders, "I like dragging you into things. By just being around you seem to create so many inconsistencies with what several people's fates are supposed to be. Such as people continuing to live when they weren't supposed to. For example, I only added a few years to Ceasar's lifespan, enough to get him to twenty-five at the most. Yet somehow he lasted till he was around seventy. It's almost as if you weren't meant to be a part of this many people's lives in the first place. It's all rather strange..."

You were frankly confused, finding it difficult to imagine not ever having met so many strange and bizarre individuals. Every encounter with the many JoJos, as well as their friends and enemies, had defined the very person you became. "I... all right. Let's just... let's just see what happens, then."