Voicemail

"I'm taking care of you first... (Y/N)..." Secco stared at you, having resurfaced. He spoke slowly, as if he had some trouble talking efficiently. He climbed out of the hole he had made, "How dare you ambush me at that village... I'm never falling for that again. How dare you do something so cleaver?!"

He tilted his head to the side realizing that was the wrong word, "Something so lever... no wait." He stayed crouched, taking his time thinking it over. "Something so beaver... wait, or was it sever? Griever?"

"Um... are you looking for the word 'clever?'" You didn't want to wait for him to go through the whole dictionary.

Correcting him just made Secco mad, "I knew that, damn it! What are you, a language teacher?! Y-Y-You jerk!"

You held your hands up defensively, "Hey, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I was just trying to help you out."

"Huh?" He looked at you in confusion before remembering something, "Oh, yeah. I need to record a video." He reached into one of the pockets in his strange full-body suit. "Cioccolata is really excited about you, you know?" Secco pulled out a camera. "The boss said that if we can find a way to contain you safely, Cioccolata is allowed to experiment with you as much as he wants."

"And what about you? How do you feel about that?" You figured you'd just keep him talking for as long as you could.

Secco scratched the side of his face, "Well... I dunno. It could be fun having someone else around, I think. And, if I do well" His face bore a huge grin, "I'm sure Cioccolata will give me sugar cubes! So I really like that a lot!"

You took a seat on the sidewalk. Your fight with the strange man didn't seem to be going anywhere so you decided you might as well relax a bit, "Sugar cubes? Is that your favorite treat?"

He nodded aggressively, "They're, like, the best! I'm great at catching them, too! I bet I could catch a whole bunch at once!"

You raised your eyebrows, acting interested, "Wow, that's very impressive."

"Yeah, it is." He seemed proud of himself. "Wait a second..." Secco eyed you skeptically. "It kinda feels like you're just trying to buy your teammates more time! You don't really care at all about what I have to say, do you?!" He quickly charged at you.

You immediately got up to your feet again, dodging his attack. The spot in the ground where his fist hit began to melt almost instantly, "Sort of. But I am genuinely curious about you, if that makes you feel any better."

He stopped his punches, actually spending time on what you had said, "Huh... it does kinda make me feel better. Not that it matters! I still have to capture you, anyway." He punched again, this time bouncing his elbow off the ground to quicken the attack. The ricocheted attack caught you by surprise, landing right in your gut, and forcing you off the railing along the side of the road.

You landed not so gracefully on the street below. It wasn't that big of a drop, though. So it wasn't like you had broken a limb or anything. And, because you were kinda undead, Green Day had no affect on you.

Secco had his camera trained on you, "I guess the mold really doesn't work on you. And I've also heard that you can heal fast. So I guess I should focus on knocking you out or restricting you so you can't move w-w-with my Oasis."

With Kars' help, you made it back onto the same level as Secco, now standing on the railing. "Look, I'll be honest here. I didn't want to have to hurt you too much since you seem like you're also a victim of Cioccolata's... work. So what do you say to joining my group instead? I could get you a lot of sugar cubes." You tried bribing him. Why fight if you could just get him to stop willingly?