A Sinking Feeling

"What are we going to do, Bucciarati?" Mista stared at the burning boat that was starting to sink into the water, "We can't go back out to sea."

"If that mold's range is extended by corpses, as Giorno guessed, then instead of tracking down Cioccolata or Secco, we're better off finding a car and getting out of this village. Our number one priority right now is to get to Rome." Bruno gave you a small smile, "And we do have one person unaffected by the mold. Hopefully that will aid us if it does become necessary to attack the user."

While you had heard Bruno's words, you were more concerned about the Ghirga. You spoke to the turtle's shell, "GioGio, are you able to heal Narancia's wounds?"

The blonde grimaced as he set Narancia down on the couch. "It'll be difficult to treat him here in this village. There is still living mold in his wounds."

"Well, I hope you feel better soon, Narancia." You also hoped he wasn't being too hard on himself for getting injured again.

The Ghirga was laying down on the couch, but he smiled up at you anyway, "Of course I will!" And then he rolled over and shut his eyes, trying to will his body to speed up its healing process.

Bruno looked to the stairs, taking the turtle into his hands, "Climbing up is fine, so we'll take those stairs and go get ourselves a car." So the three of you started walking. Mista took the front while you were the caboose.

Mista stopped upon going up the steps to be on level with the dead drunkard. "The only way we can go is up right now, but if we should ever have to down any lower than where we are..."

Bruno didn't want to think about that too much, "We'll be fine. This village is built on the side of a mountain. All the roads are uphill. And outside the village, there are cars still running. That means the mold's range hasn't expanded yet. We just need to acquire a car and get out of this village quickly. We need to hurry to Rome at all costs."

"Which car should we take?" Mista eyed all the automobiles in the parking lot.

"If there's a corpse right next to a car, they'll probably have the keys on them. If we take one of those cars, it'd be easier than hot wiring one." Your plan was rather simple, but one Bruno agreed with.

One of the cans of beer next to the dead drunkard rolled down the stairs. This prompted Bucciarati to immediately bring out his Stand. But he relaxed after seeing the cause of the noise. "It was just the mold breaking that corpse's hand apart. (Y/N) and I will watch the rear. You hurry up and get us a car, Mista."

"On it." The gunslinger started to take his sweet time going up the stairs.

The corpse's fingers then completely broke from the mold. This caused another can of beer to fall down the steps. This time, though, it didn't make a sound upon reaching the bottom. This didn't sit well with Bruno. "I take that back, Mista. Something... Something is wrong. Hurry and go up!"

"R-Right!" This time Mista ran up the steps.

But he didn't get far. After Bruno kicked down the last beer can, this one also not creating a noise when it reached the bottom, the staircase began to sink. Bruno hadn't fully noticed this yet, and only saw the gunslinger practically running in place. "What are you doing, Mista?! I told you to go up!"

"I already am, Bucciarati!" It was as if he were running on a treadmill. "But... we're sinking! We're moving away from the wall!" The head of the corpse was crushed beneath the sinking stairs, blood splattering on the wall.

"What's going on?" Asked Bruno, mostly to himself.

So you filled him on what you thought was happening, "Risotto said that the mold guy has a partner, remember? So this must be because of the partner's ability. It's making the staircase sink!"