No Better Home

The day had turned to evening as you and Santana made it to the docks. The SPW ship had already arrived, now you were just waiting for the JoJos so you could wish them well on their departure.

While you were checking up on the captain to make sure everything was set, a taxi pulled up dropping off Joseph and Jotaro. They took their luggage out of the trunk and headed on over.

Joseph held the baby in his arms closer to the Pillar man and it grabbed at Santana's nose, "You better start smiling again soon. You have a lot of years ahead of you and you can't afford to mope through all of them." The Pillar Man tried, though he seemed to be grimacing more than anything. "Okay, you can work on that."

You gestured toward the baby, "Joseph, are you really going to take her in?"

"We never found her parents, and Suzie Q is fine with it." He gently rocked her side to side, "She's gonna be a new member of the Joestar family."

Jotaro pulled you aside, "Have you considered getting a pet tortoise? Some of the giant tortoises can live over one hundred years. I've studied them quite a bit, so I could help you and Santana learn how to properly care for it."

You glanced over to your Pillar buddy who was nodding along seriously to whatever Joseph was saying, "I'll talk with Santana about it. Although I don't really think now is the best time to get a new pet..."

"Of course. Just let me know if you decide on anything, okay?"

"Will do." You gave him a short hug before he walked onto the boat. Joseph's wrinkled face formed a grin directed at you as he followed his grandson. You and Santana watched as the boat started to pull out.

Then Josuke sprinted over to the docks shouting at his father as he waved, "Hey, old man! Can't you hear me, old man?" Joseph moved closer to the railing, "Do you still have that photo of Mom I gave you earlier?"

The Joestar patted where the inner breast pocket of his jacket was, "Yeah. I put in my wallet, just like you told me to. I'll be leaving without seeing your mother, but I'll be praying for her happiness."

Josuke smirked, "I see... in your wallet?" He held up a ripped off piece of it, "I kept a bit of the photo. Crazy Diamond!" Sure enough, Joseph's wallet slipped out straight into Josuke's waiting hand. He opened it, removing some of the bills, "I'm taking this! A father should at least give his son some allowance! Not to mention if you bring that photo home, it'll mean trouble with your old lady."

Joseph's peaceful expression contorted to one of rage as he leaned over the railing, "That damn brat!" You couldn't help but laugh at the scene in front of you, covering your mouth with your hand as you did so.

"Oh dear, it would seem I'm a tad too late." Kakyoin stared at the boat sailing away into the horizon as he strolled on over. He laced his hand trough yours, "But I guess we'll all be meeting together again before long."

Josuke waved his father's wallet around as he started walking away, "Come on, guys! Let's go to Tonio's, it'll be my treat." You all went along with it, figuring you might as well humor him. Although, considering how he always seemed low on money, it was likely not going to be the best investment.

As you got closer to the restaurant, Yuya and his girls were leaving. Tonio held the door open to let you all inside before directing you to an empty table. Okuyasu was sitting at one with his father, Stray Cat was in a pot on the table. When it saw Santana, it started to inhale to prep an attack, only for Okuyasu to shove a fork with a piece of chicken on it straight into the plant's mouth.

"Hey, I told ya to not attack people like that." The Nijimura bopped Stray Cat on the head with the fork.

You took your seat around your group's table, "You seem to be a lot busier as of late, Tonio. It must be difficult to cater to all of your guests when you're the only chef."