First Day of School

Coincidentally, the first day of Josuke going to school was the same day Jotaro was going to show up at Morioh. He had just emailed you to say he was on his way and you were going to meet him at the bus station. You said a quick goodbye to Santana who was making breakfast with Iggy.

The door gave a soft click behind you as you pulled it shut. You were surprised when you saw Hayato exiting his house directly across from you. You decided to walk across the street to chat with him, "So, is it your first day of school, too?"

He looked up at you, confused as to why you had decided to enact a conversation, "Too? I thought you didn't go to school anymore?"

"Oh, no. You're right. A friend of mine is starting today, though. Are you nervous?"

He shrugged as he adjusted his yellow hat, "Not really. It's just more school." He gave you another somewhat suspicious glance, "Did my mom ask you to walk me there or something?"

You shook your head, "No, I just thought I'd say hi since you happened to be leaving at the same time I am. Would you like it better if I left you alone? I can if you want me to."

"It's fine. I don't mind." He kicked a pebble off the sidewalk, "Oh, my mom is going out for dinner with some friends in a week or so. I think she wanted me to ask you if you'd watch over me during that time." He seemed to be keen on avoiding the term 'babysitting.'

"Maybe. I don't think I have any plans, but I'll get back to her on that later, okay?" You came to a stop and pointed to the right, "Well, I gotta go this way. Have fun at school, Hayato!" You waved at him before jogging across the street. He didn't say anything else but returned the gesture anyway.

Eventually you saw Jotaro just standing in the middle of a sidewalk while staring at a map, oblivious to his surroundings. His apparel had changed but from his high school days, although only slightly. A rather short kid walked into him and started to fall down and everything in his bag began spilling out. However, Star Platinum quickly made everything all nice and tidy again. The kid now alarmed to suddenly be fine.

Jotaro looked down from his map, "Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." He noticed you out of the corner of his eye and waved you over. The silver haired kid turned around to look at you as well.

"Hey, JoJo! It's been a while!" You smiled down at the kid, "And who might you be?"

He pointed to himself, "Me?" When he realized you were, in fact, talking to him, he bowed his head, "I-I'm Koichi Hirose. I'm a Freshman in high school."

"Well it's nice to meetcha, Koichi. I'm (Y/N)." You have your attention back to Jotaro, "Oh, and Josuke should be here soon. This is where he goes to head off for school. The Kujo just let out a grunt and folded up his map.

"Hey! Are you a new kid?" Asked a blonde fellow with a piercing through one nostril wearing a similar uniform to Koichi's. "You better introduce yourself." The kid did as asked, still very nervous, before wishing them a good morning. "All right. Well said." The dude stepped away from the short kid and cocked his head towards you, "And where's your uniform?"

Before you could respond, Jotaro placed a hand on your shoulder and glared at the students, "She's not wearing a uniform because she doesn't go to your school, dumbass." They just gave the Kujo an annoyed look but were a bit too intimidated to talk back.

Koichi let out a relieved sigh, "That was pretty close. I thought for sure they'd attack us or something. But it's okay. They're getting on a different bus."

Your eyes lit up and you pointed over at the man made pond, "Oh, hey! There's Josuke!" You went over to go say hi to him, but Jotaro's hand was still on your shoulder and he pulled you back.