Maybe Someday

Josuke had called you one day and arranged a time for him to come over. You opened the door for him when he knocked.

He peered behind you into the darkness, "Hey, are your parents home?"

You stepped aside to let him enter your house, "Umm... no..."

"Why are all the windows blocked by curtains, you a vampire or something?" Asked Josuke, jokingly, of course.

"My roommate, Santana, has a pretty severe sun allergy." You explained.

Josuke followed you to the living room after taking his shoes off at the entryway. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"There is no need to apologize." Stated Santana as he appeared behind Josuke and towered over  him, "I do not feel as though I am missing much."

The almost high school  student looked as though electricity had suddenly coursed through him.  "O-Oh! You're her roommate?" Josuke found Santana to be quite intimidating. It also led him to question why you were living with some sort of body builder that seemed to be several years older than you. What exactly was your situation?

The Pillar Man nodded  and then gestured to the dog in his arms, "This is tiny beast." Josuke  hesitantly gave the dog a pat on the head. Iggy didn't even resist. He was too old to fight about stuff like that anymore.

Josuke's eyes then landed on a book shelf lined up against the wall, "Huh, you must  really like this... Pink Dark Boy? You have like every volume. Is it any good?"

You just shrugged, "They're pretty interesting, I suppose. The Mangaka is really good at making their characters feel realistic."

Josuke lit up when he saw the line up of gaming consoles surrounding your TV, "No way!" He immediately took a seat on the rug and pulled open one of the nearby drawers to scour through all your games. "You really do have them all. Even limited editions?! How do you afford all this?"

You sat down next to  him, "I've been debating whether or not to tell you this, but you'll likely find out eventually anyway. Have you ever heard of the Speedwagon Foundation?"

He put a cartridge into the N64, "Yeah, of course I have. Who hasn't? You know some people there or something?"

"Well, I currently own the whole business."

He snorted, "You know,  you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, (Y/N)." He glanced over and stopped his chortling when he noticed you weren't sharing the same smile as him, "W-Wait. Are you being serious? But isn't the owner's last name Speedwagon? And she's like the founder's  great great great great granddaughter or something and she's like turning thirty soon."

"Yeah, um. That's all a lie. If people knew who I was I wouldn't be able to live my quiet life.  But I'm telling you this because I trust you. I can trust you, Josuke Higashikata, right?" You locked eyes with him.

Josuke suddenly became  quite nervous. He was only visiting to play video games at your house, not to swear his silence to you. He still wasn't even sure if you were telling him the truth, it just seemed too unbelievable. "Y-Yeah. I won't tell anyone. Can we play Mario Kart now?"

You picked up a controller of your own, "Yeah, sure."

For the next few hours or so, nothing was heard except the clicking of buttons combined with the  sound effects of what was portrayed on the screen. Josuke was winning  most of the time, but only because you decided to go a bit easy on him. It's not much fun to play against someone who consistently beats you.

Josuke's character suddenly served left and off the track. You gave him a worried look, "Hey, you okay?"

He laid with his back flat against the floor, the controller now resting on his face, "I just remembered that I start school tomorrow..."