Turtle Toss

"What the hell is wrong with this thing?! Is it heading towards me?" Abbacchio's legs tensed up, ready to dash at any second.

"No, Abbacchio. It's heading towards me." Clarified Polnareff while in the former police officer's hand, "Even though it has the arrow back... Requiem intends to finish me because I touched the arrow."

"Golden Experience!" Giorno was about to attack Requiem, but Mista just started shooting at it. The gun man managed to lob off an arm and a leg, yet the Stand didn't seem to be slowing down.

"Abbacchio, run!" You tried to get the purple haired man to move as fast as possible.

"God Damnit!" Abbacchio started to sprint away with the turtle.

"I-It's no use... I'm finished..." Polnareff was about to give up hope when Abbachio swung himself up a street lamp and scaled it with relative ease. Requiem, which had lunged forward, fell to the ground.

"Should I throw him?" Abbacchio asked himself as his eyes scanned over the people in the group. He grit his teeth together and cursed under his breath. Of course the person closest to the pole was Giorno. It would make for the easiest throw, and he wasn't going to jeopardize this whole thing just because he hated the Giovanna. "I'm going to throw the turtle to you, Giorno! You better fucking catch it!"

But he never got the chance. Requiem's arm shot out of the street lamp and knocked Polnareff out of Abbacchio's hand. After, Chariot got its limbs back. It took one last glance at the turtle before deciding to continue on its stroll.

Abbacchio slid down the pole, "Are you okay, Polnareff?"

"He's okay. B-But... how?" Trish nervously glanced at the retreating Chariot Requiem.

"It was as though Requiem suddenly decided that it didn't want to deal with Polnareff anymore. How strange." Mused Risotto.

"Do you guys remember what I said back at the Colosseum?" Questioned Polnareff, not actually expecting an answer.

Secco raised a paw, "Um... no. I-I wasn't here for that."

You ruffled a hand through the fur on the top of his head, "Don't worry about it, Secco. I'm sure you'll understand just fine."

Polnareff cleared his throat, "Anyway... There's still more to Requiem's ability that I'm not aware of. But I'm starting to understand. Requiem stopped because the starting time has come."

"The starting time?" Mista wasn't sure what the turtle meant.

"Yes." Some sort of Crab-like claw emerged from Polnareff's neck, followed the rest of whatever creature it was, "It's because my body has started to change! That's why it stopped trying to kill me! This is Requiem's true motive, now that it's gone berserk. The ability to make beings swap souls, meaning the ability that makes them start to change into something else. The prelude is over, and the actual piece is now starting to play, so it gave up on killing me. The 4.5-billion-year history of this world's creatures is starting to change into something else within a matter of hours. All of it!"

Risotto didn't have to look all to hard to see what was happening to the nearby civilians, "So Requiem's goal is to create a bunch of mutations?"

"And just how far has this damn thing spread?" As far as Mista could see, it went on forever.

"It doesn't look like they're dying or in pain..." Observed Trish. "Everyone just has these vacant stares. But there is this fear of becoming something else." She stared down at her hand, anxiety building up, "The fear that, slowly but surely, both my body and soul are going to disappear." One of her finger's skin split open, revealing a grayish substance beneath.