Picture Perfect

He closed the front door to his own home behind you. He shrugged off his purple suit jacket before draping it along his arm. He immediately realized that there was a button missing and made a mental note to get it fixed soon. He stepped out of his shoes and stared at you until you did the same.

"I'm so delighted that you took me up on the offer to visit for dinner." His tone of voice made it seem as if he hadn't threatened you into going with him.

"It won't be long before they realize that I'm missing, you know." You didn't exactly feel like playing along.

He hung his jacket on the back of a chair before leading you into the kitchen with him. "I was going to make Yaki Udon, is that fine with you?"

"They're going to find out that it's you."

He rolled up his sleeves. "We're going to live the quiet life that both of us want, (Y/N). As long as you go along with it, there's no need to be worried."

You were essentially just going through the motions as Yoshikage hands hovered of yours the entirety of the time you cooked together. He stared at you intently from the other side of the small table once the plates were set up. He seemed so insistent on making the whole ordeal seem as normal as possible.

With the mind numbingly slow dinner out of the way, he asked for you to wait in one of the rooms as he took a shower. At least he hadn't asked you to take it with him. When you heard the water running, you started to look around. The thing you noticed first was a phone. You held up the receiver as you tried to dial up anyone who could help as quickly as possible. You heard the light thudding of Kira's feet along the floor as he entered the room.

You turned to face him to make some sort of excuse, only to see him wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. For being just an office worker for Kame Yu, he was incredibly fit. He simply removed the phone from your hand and placed it back before snapping the chord. "I forgot to bring in a change of clothes with me." You quickly stepped out of the way to let him reach for the drawer and get what he needed. "There's another bathroom down the hall and to the left. I don't have any of your clothes, so you'll have to make do with mine." Then he just left the room again.

You took a seat on the floor, Kars forming next to you. "This happens often to you, doesn't it."

"I swear, every time I meet a new person of the Joestar bloodline it's like something is bound to go wrong." You mumbled back, not wanting to be loud enough for Kira to hear you.

"He'll probably continue going to work even with you kept here. That could give eight or so hours to leave, warn others, and determine a plan to get rid of him. You might have to get him to trust you before succeeding with that. He'll probably have something to restrain you from just going." Kars opened the drawers. He shuffled through before tossing you a pair of sweatpants and a solid (f/c) T-shirt. "Lulling him into a false sense of security and ending him ourselves is another option, or maybe you'll be found before it even gets to that point."

So you took a shower in the guest bathroom. You had already entered by the time you realized there was no towel there. You didn't bother to ask Kira for one. Instead you just put the clothes on anyway, wiping the soles of your feet on the bath mat. Reentering the room, you saw that Yoshikage was there already, in sleepwear of his own. You could hear the snipping of his own fingernails as he clipped them away.

"Take a seat next to me." He ordered, although he didn't raise his voice, while scribbling down the length of the pinky nail from his right hand. You obliged. He unscrewed the lid off a partially full glass jar and dumped the nail clippings in. "I guess you could say this is a hobby of mine." He took a hold of both your hands, bringing them up to cup his face. He let out a relaxed sigh, "But these are the hands I need. It's a shame I can't simply take one to work with me. But if I know you'll be here every time I get back, then I'm sure I can manage." He started to kiss the back of your hand, slowly getting more needy until he let a digit slip into his mouth. He let out guttural moan with his eyes half lidded.

"Y-Yoshikage?!" You squeaked his name out in hopes of getting him to stop.

He snapped out of his state, his eyes opening fully to stare at you. He relaxed his mouth enough to let you take your hand back, which you hurriedly wiped the saliva off of. He moved his face closer to yours, "I think you mistake my actions for perverseness, but my feelings are quite genuine. So perhaps we're taking a step with the wrong foot. Let's start again."

He brought a hand up to your hair, it was still damp from the shower. "My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm thirty three years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh where all the villas are, and I am not married." He brought a towel up to your head, starting to dry your hair. "I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by eight at the latest. I'm in bed by eleven and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a warm glass of milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress." He took out some lotion, "I was told there were no issues at my last check-up." He started to massage it into the skin of your hands. "I'm simply a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I try not to trouble myself with any enemies or things that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, I'm aware you being here is indeed a risk to that. You have many acquaintances. But if I were to fight them, I wouldn't lose."

"While I finish my nightly routine, you can make yourself comfortable in the guest bedroom. If you need something, within reason, just let me know. I would like this transition to be as smooth as possible for you." He planted another kiss on your knuckles and then one on your forehead before heading towards the kitchen. You made your way to the guest room, taking a seat on the bed.

"At least he's not making you share a room with him." Mused Kars, indenting the mattress with his weight.

"Maybe he thinks you'll kill him in his sleep." You leaned your head against his shoulder.

His mouth quirked up in a smile, "I won't deny that I was planning on it."

There was the snap of a camera, gaining both of your attention. Spotting it on the bedside table, you watched as a Polaroid photo slid out. When the image developed, you made out an aged man sitting in the background. "Kars...?"

"Another ghost?" The ultimate being picked up the photo.

"Kira's father, perhaps?" You felt the presence of Kars vanish next to you and turned to see Yoshikage standing in the doorway.

"You'd be right." He held two glasses of milk and handed one to you. "Feel free to sleep in tomorrow. I'll make sure breakfast is ready for you before I leave for work in the morning." He picked up the camera and walked out, sliding the door shut behind him.

You took a few sips of the warm milk in silence. You weren't exactly in the mood to sleep, and your weren't thirsty either. You decided to return it to the kitchen and use that as an excuse to get a look around the house. You slid the door back open quietly and tried to go into the hallway. However, the only thing that happened was a collision with some sort of invisible barrier. "What the...?"

"My father's Stand ability." Kira walked out of his room and stuck his hand through the invisible barrier, taking the glass from you. "He has full control over the space within the photo. He lets in and out whomever and whatever he pleases. I'm lucky to have such supportive parents. I'm sure the two of you will have plenty of time to get to know each other while I'm at work. Oh, and just so you know, ripping the photo will tear you apart, too. Sweet dreams, (Y/N)."

You pushed against the invisible barrier with all your might but to no avail. You were genuinely trapped this time.

"He's a good person." Came out the voice of an old man. The photograph floated down next to you, Yosikage's dad sticking out partially.

You let out a defeated sigh as you let your body relax somewhat on the floor, "I used to think that too before I knew he was a murderer. How could you let him go through with this?"

"I just want my son to be happy. If it means that people die, then so what?" Continued the dead man, "He already seems happier with you here. So if I have to keep you against your will to maintain that, know that I will."

You moved to just collapse onto the bed. You hoped that when you woke up again, it would all be a dream. But even with three moles on your ear, you didn't think you'd be so lucky.