Finger Biting Good

You took a deep breath before explaining, "I didn't! I said mister, not Mista. Although, when you think about it, I'm supposed to be speaking Italian right now. So this joke doesn't really make much sense at all. Signore sounds nothing like Mista."

"Oh... I see..." Realizing that he had just been pinning a girl to a wall, he took a step back, somewhat flustered as well as embarrassed for mishearing you. He let out an awkward laugh as he scratched the back of his neck, "So... I think we might have started off on the wrong foot here. Let's start over." He held his hand out to you, "Hi there. I'm Mista. And your name is...?"

You filled in the blank for him while shaking his hand, "(Y/N). You can just call me (Y/N)."

He nodded along as he shoved his gun into the front of his pants, "Cool... cool. So what did you need to ask me?"

"I just wanted to know if you knew of any popular teen hang out areas or something. You were just the first person I saw." And perhaps that was because his outfit was so brightly colored. You kept the thought to yourself, not wanting to seem like you were insulting his style or anything.

"Oh! I get it! You must not be from around here!" He stepped out of the alleyway and waved you over to follow him, "Come on, I can show you around. I know a gelato place that's pretty popular. We can go there first."

"Okay..." You hesitantly let him lead the way. Arriving at the little gelato shop, you could see quite a few tourists lingering about. In actuality, it didn't seem that busy at all. And there was no sign of Haruno.

Mista walked you up to the counter, "Pick whatever you want. Consider it an apology for me aiming my gun at you earlier." You made your choice and he, his before the worker handed over two cones. Mista had already taken a lick of his when he reached into the pocket of his tiger striped pants for his wallet, "Shit, sorry. I didn't bring my wallet with me."

You sighed, wondering if the whole thing was some sort of ploy for him to get a free cone of gelato. Not that it mattered to you all that much, at least in terms of payment, "It's fine, Mista. I can pay for this."

His eyes lit up, and he seemed surprised, "Wow, even though I'm the one who shoved a gun in your face, you'd actually pay for mine? Guess I owe you one now."

"You can think that if you want." You were taking out the necessary amount of lire when someone dashed by to snatch it straight out of your hand. Mista had immediately started to pull his gun out and shoot, but you simply stuck your foot out behind you. The man tripped on your leg, falling to the pavement. Your wallet slid onto the sidewalk out of his hand. You picked it up and paid the gelato worker like you said you would.

"Hold this for me, (Y/N)." Mista handed you his gelato. The thief started to get back up on his feet only for the gun wielder to step on the man's  hand making the guy let out a pained yelp. Mista then crouched down to grab the man by the collar of his shirt, "Could you wait here for a minute, (Y/N)? I'm going to take care of this guy." He dragged the man off into a side street and out of your view.

Most of the other people were leaving because of the commotion. That left you standing alone by the gelato shop. However, while you were just staring at the ground, you started to feel a faint tug of sorts, like some sort of strange connection. Looking up, your eyes immediately locked with those of a blonde man whose hair had been braided in the back. Three curls were lined in a row along his forehead. You didn't know how long he was staring at you for, but he seemed to feel the same connection that you did. He looked like he was going to walk towards you, but then Mista walked back over to where you were and he seemed to change his mind.

Mista took back his gelato, "Don't worry (Y/N), I don't think that guy will ever bother you again." His eyes scanned the different pathways before he started walking again, "Let's check out a different place."