Familial Hunting Time

A week or so later, you and Jotaro were at the prison to check up on Akira.

"So, you really haven't created a single Stand user?" You inquired as you stared at the purple haired man through the metal bars.

Akira shifted in his seat on the bed in the corner of his cell, "Yes, I'm sure."

Jotaro stopped leaning against the hallway wall and stood up straight, "If we find out that you're lying, you'll be spending the next few months in a hospital."

The two of you started to leave, only to to stop at the sound of Akira's voice, "Well... I may have shot a rat."

You let out an annoyed sigh, "Great. That's just great. How long ago?"

He shrugged, "I dunno. Not that long."

Jotaro put a hand on your shoulder, "Don't worry about it. I'll enlist Josuke's help and the two of us will go on a little hunting trip. It'll make a good learning experience for him."

"Thanks. We don't want it breeding and creating a horde of rat Stand users. The sooner it gets taken care of, the better. I have a meeting with some SPW members down in S-City anyway."

"It'll be taken care of before nighttime." He paused for a moment, "By the way, whatever happened to that Mark guy? He still working for you?"

"No, no. He's been retired for a few years now. His wife actually died in car crash not long after. I know Joseph went to the funeral, but I guess you didn't hear about it."

"No, I didn't." He lifted a hand to shield his eyes from the sun as the two of you exited the prison. "I'll let you know when the rat problem is taken care of." He called over a taxi and got in.

You, on the other hand, started up your own car to drive over to one of the many SPW establishments. After parking you took an elevator to one of the basement levels. You entered a medium sized room with a few people seated at a round table. Folders were in front of them as they drank what seemed to be coffee. They all straightened themselves up. They were part of the lab crew and you had met them before. "So, what is this about?"

"We found that the substance making up the arrow heads is the same as that in the area near a meteor that crashed on this planet at an estimated fifty thousand years ago."

"Also," A different person pulled out some printed out imagery of a virion. "We found traces of this virus as well. We've never seen anything like it. It's completely alien to our planet. We think that maybe surviving this sickness or having some sort of immunity is what can give people their Stands."

"And you know how we lost Polnareff during his search for the arrow in Europe?"

You clutched the broken heart pendant hanging from your necklace, "Of course I do. Have you found him?"

They shook their heads, "No, not yet. But the arrow still seems to be there. What we believe to be Stand behavior has increased over there in the last few years. Particularly in Italy. It may be in correlation with the increase of power in the Italian Mafia. However, our intel workers struggle to gather any real information on them and they seem very closely guarded."

One person slid the folder over to you, "This is everything we've gotten so far. It's not much, but we thought you should have as much info as possible. We know that you would trust to make a descission on what to do next, but we really don't have much experience with Stand's ourselves."

You picked up the folder, "Okay, I'll look through this. For now keep your prying to minimum. I don't want a repeat of what happened during the search of Dio's mansion."