𝙸𝙸. 𝚍𝚘𝚝𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚍𝚘𝚝𝚎"

𝚋𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏

After a few hours of insults, heated arguments and backstabbing ― this was a normal dinner when it came to the older generation of Blacks and Malfoys ―the Black Seniors and Abraxas decided to leave. Priscilla insists that she will stay behind and wait until Lucius and Narcissa arrive home.

The older woman knew her grandchildren quite well and knew that it might be for the best not to leave them by themselves. They were responsible, yes but they were also quite impulsive. That was a Black trait, according to Abraxas.

The huge grandfather-clock which has traveled through the Malfoy family for centuries, had just struck eight in the evening when Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy stepped out of the floo. The drawing room was empty but they could hear the tunes of someone playing the piano, one singing the sweet tunes, and their sons debating on which Quidditch Team is the best. There was no doubt that the person singing was no other than Violetta, and most surely Priscilla was playing for her. Narcissa smiled and turned to look at her husband who leaned to kiss her cheek.

"It's good to be back," Lucius said and dropped the small trunk he was holding.

The thud the old trunk made, stopped the music and singing and several running footsteps approached them. In no time, two very blonde boys and one brown haired girl stood by the doorway.

"Dad! Mum!" Violetta squealed happily and ran to hug her parents.

If anyone from school would see this, she would deny it but she was a total daddy's and mummy's girl. In public, she would gracefully call them mother and father but in the warmth of their home, she did not.

Violetta wrapped her arms around both of her parents, earning one kiss from each cheek from both parents. She pulled away with a wide grin, just like the one she had when she was younger. Her parents greeted their sons as well before Priscilla had made her way to the drawing room.

"Son, Narcissa," she greeted them with a soft smile. "I hope your trip was pleasant."

Lucius nodded, glancing at his wife. "Yes it was. Although it was rather exhausting with all those Ministry businesses. And how about you? I hope these three didn't cause you too much trouble," he said but there was a genuine smile when he spoke.

"They were angels, weren't you?" Priscilla said, ruffling Draco's hair in which the boy just answered by smirking. "Now, I'm sure you're tired and want some family-time so I should head home. Children, it was lovely to be here with you and don't you now forget to write to your dear old grandmother," she said and placed a kiss on each child's cheek.