𝙻𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚔𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚝𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

february 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚔𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚝𝚊"

𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑

Violetta felt empty.

She could sense things around her but she couldn't react to them. Day after day, she held a cigarette between her fingers and stared at a wall opposite of her. There was a tiny little spot on the wall and Violetta spent hours just staring at it. From time to time she felt crazy ― like she was her aunt or someone equally deranged.

Violetta wasn't sure of the day or how long it has been since the day she got disowned. Time was a blur and so was the world around her. Nothing made sense.

Being disowned was everything she had expected but the emptiness it made her feel was unbearable. She knew she was bound to be sad and miss her family since she was close with them but the general feeling of emptiness and heaviness was surprising. It felt like she was stripped, stripped from her name.

But she had to do it.

Now she wasn't an heiress anymore, the daughter of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. The only sister of Regulus and Draco Malfoy.

She was just an empty, plain canvas and while many might like a fresh start ― she didn't know. She didn't know what she wanted anymore. Her life as a Death Eater was most likely buried six feet under with the rest of her dreams and hopes of being someone.

Violetta has never been anyone else than herself.

She has always been her brothers' favourite sibling.

Her parents' little angel or princess, sweetheart or baby girl.

She could only imagine how her father will react if he ever gets home and finds out that his only daughter has been disowned. Violetta would pay a good amount to see Abraxas getting his ass kicked.

But that day won't be there for a long time. No one knew when or if Lucius would ever get out. He was sentenced to Azkaban for life. But so was Bellatrix, Rodolphus and Rabasta, and they got out.

The thought of her father rotting in that god-forsaken place made Violetta uncomfortable.

"Leta?"

The brunette moved her gaze from the wall and turned to look at Fleur.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Fleur. "There's some food if you want."

Violetta shook her head. "I'm good thanks," she said quietly.