𝚇𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚅. 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕

══════ • ❀ • ══════

october 1995

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕"

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

The following days turned into weeks and October was nearing its end. The weather was gloomier than in months but Violetta didn't mind that. She liked the gloominess and the feeling it gave her ― a feeling of new things coming.

She would often sit in her favourite chair in the Manor's library and stare out from the enormous windows and watch how the rain washed over the grounds of her home. She would imagine herself attending another meeting, feeling the power and greatness.

Violetta could tell that her parents weren't happy with her thoughts ― and for the first time in her life, she thought of her parents as quite hypocritical people. They loathed muggles more than anyone Violetta has ever met (excluding her grandparents) but yet, they didn't want their children to take any part of the Dark Lord's plans.

Regulus kept telling his sister that it's because their parents fear for their safety which was true, of course but Violetta just couldn't really see the danger so clearly. If anything, it made her want it even more.

To avoid the worried gazes of her family, Violetta spent as much time as possible with Fleur. They would sneak out from Fleur's little room in the depth of night to spend time outside ― Diagon Alley was pretty much empty during the night hours. While Violetta was sneaking out to be alone with Fleur, she was also sneaking out from home. She would dutifully go to bed around ten and wait until she knew her parents were gone to their wing of the manor before she took her leave to Leaky Cauldron.

She didn't talk about Death Eaters with Fleur ― the French witch wasn't interested in them and Violetta also knew that she must have her prejudice against them.

"Your mother is to have my head if she finds out you're with me," chuckled Fleur who was nestling closer to Violetta.

"Then it's a good thing my mother is fast asleep at home," said Violetta and glanced at the clock. "Although I should get going. It's a Saturday which means tea with Druella. Mum tends to wake up earlier since she's too anxious to sleep."

Fleur turned to look at the clock as well. "But it's not even seven o'clock."

Violetta smirked and leaned to kiss Fleur. "Which means that I have about an hour before my parents wake up," she said while leaving the bed.