𝚇𝙻𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚝

══════ • ❀ • ══════

november 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚝"

𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚡𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Not too long after Violetta's first successful curse ― the girl nearly disappeared. She spent her days in her room or somewhere downstairs, training with Bellatrix or attending meetings. She no longer ate dinner with her family nor wrote to Draco. She was a stranger to her best friends whom she didn't see even if they asked.

She had become a shell of her former self.

Now that things were (about) clear with Tonks, Violetta was able to direct her focus on her work as a Death Eater. She was the one who sat on the left from the Dark Lord, just opposite of her aunt. She would do the Dark Lord's bidding without questions asked which began to worry her brother.

Violetta was often a girl who questions things ― no matter who orders her around. Regulus knew that Violetta was very aware of how the Dark Lord was no longer after muggles but was more and more obsessed about Harry Potter.

But it seemed that Violetta was in denial. She didn't want to believe that what she has believed her entire life was now just a tiny fraction of the Dark Lord's plan.

On top of all this, Violetta was still working on Regulus' book. Ever since visiting Borgin and Burkes a week ago, the need to finally manage to open the book became an obsession rather than a mission. Violetta would spend hours and hours in her room, wondering and thinking what could be so important and personal to Regulus Black.

Violetta had thought about going back to 12 Grimmauld Place but figured that Regulus Black wasn't an idiot who would keep the key or key-like object anywhere near the book. The easiest thing would be to ask from her mother since she was close with Regulus but Violetta didn't want to risk her mother finding out.

The woman has too much in her mind already.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Fleur broke up?" Regulus asked one evening when he and Violetta were heading to their rooms from a meeting.

"Hush," hissed Violetta.

While their mother was already sleeping and the only person awake in the manor now that the meeting was over ― was Bellatrix who can't hear anything from her own mutterings and mumblings ― Violetta has always felt like the walls of her home have ears.

"Why?" Asked Regulus again.

Violetta sighed and turned to look at her brother. "We just did. How do you even know?"