𝚇𝙸𝚇. 𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚖𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

january 1995

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚖𝚊"

𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜, 𝚙𝚞𝚣𝚣𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍

Lucius Malfoy has never been someone who took orders from others. He made orders but he did not follow any so naturally when Edwin Peregrine handed him a contract regarding his daughter's future, he was not pleased. The contract was a deal made between Abraxas and Edwin but it was not valid until Violetta's legal guardian ― her father ― had signed it.

Edwin Peregrine was no better than his son ― a disgusting man with no respect towards others. He was well-known for taking several mistresses while his wife looked after their two sons, Derrick and Cyrus. If Derrick was going to be anything like his father as a husband, Lucius was not going to let his only daughter marry a man this disgusting.

"Now now Lucius, I know Violetta means a big deal to you and to your wife but she will be just fine with my son," said Peregrine, a half empty glass of whiskey in his hands.

Edwin was sitting on an armchair opposite of Lucius', his black wooden desk between them so he wouldn't strangle the man with his bare hands.

"She's still young. There's no need to rush her into marriage," said Lucius, trying his best to keep his temper in control.

"Girls of her status need to marry as soon as possible or otherwise people will think she's unfit. And my son needs heirs, the sooner the better," Edwin listed his interests.

The way Edwin spoke of Violetta ― like she was some baby machine ― made Lucius' hand turn into a fist. There was nothing wrong with women nor men who wanted children, he wanted them with Narcissa and so did she but he knew that Violetta ― no matter how much she was like her mother ― did not want children. Or at least she has never shown any interest in having any.

Lucius huffed. "My daughter will not have your son's sorry heirs."

"Mmm well with your mother-in-law's record, your daughter might turn out to be a disappointment who only has daughters," Edwin muttered and drank the rest of his whiskey.

Druella Black has never been Lucius' favorite person ― mostly due how she treated Narcissa ― but he didn't appreciate anyone insulting his wife's bloodline. Even if it meant that he had to defend Druella.

"I would choose your next words very carefully, Edwin. I won't have anyone insulting my family," said Lucius sternly.

Edwin merely scoffed. "Violetta can't hide from her fate."