𝙻𝚇𝙸𝚅. 𝚌𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚣𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

september 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚌𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚣𝚎"

 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜

Cold sweat covered Violetta's entire body when she woke up in the middle of the night, screaming in pain. Just seconds ago she was fighting for her life in her night terror, fighting to save her family but had miserably failed and saw them laying still, cold and lifeless.

Her heart was beating so fast she thought it might burst out of her chest. She had no sense of reality ― just the sense of death and pain surrounding her. She has never feared death, not even when she was a child and it was near her but she feared the death of her beloved ones.

"Leta!" Fleur cried and helped Violetta to sit.

Violetta shook her head, tears streaming down her face as she looked ahead of her, into the darkness of the room. She wasn't fully awake yet but was somewhere between the states of awake and dream. All she saw was darkness, blackness which she couldn't escape. It was there, no matter where she looked.

She could hear Fleur calling for her but she couldn't see her ― it was like she had lost her vision.

Panic took over her as she began to repeat the events of her night terror in her head.

Her home, the manor.

Her brothers, dead on the floor.

Her parents, screaming in pain.

With a blink of an eye, they were no longer screaming but quiet just like her brothers. Still and lifeless just like her brothers.

Suddenly a splash of cold water hit her face and she opened her eyes once again, finally seeing Fleur standing right in front of her with an empty bucket.

"Oh thank Merlin," sighed Fleur when she realised that Violetta was now lucid.

"Wh-what happened?" Violetta asked with small glimpses of terror still in her dark eyes.

Fleur sat next to her, pulling her into a hug.

"You had a night terror," explained Fleur.

"Oh," Violetta said as she melted into Fleur's touch.

The way Fleur made her feel ― protected and accepted ― were feelings Violetta never knew she lacked in life. She was protected and accepted by her family but those feelings had their limits, she was sure of it. If Abraxas hadn't kicked her out of the manor and burned her name from the family line, she knew someone else was eventually going to do it.