𝚇𝙻𝚅𝙸. 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛

══════ • ❀ • ══════

september 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛"

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎

Violetta felt proud but that pride faded away real quick.

Voldemort had been pleased with her work in finding Regulus Black's diary but his good praises ended the second he realised he nor anyone else could open the diary. In the light of this, Voldemort gave the diary back to Violetta but only so she could solve the problem.

She was after all well-known from her brains. If it wasn't for her personality she would have ended up in Ravenclaw.

But even her brains couldn't figure out what was wrong with Regulus' diary ― if it even was that. The book could also be just a book. And then Violetta would be in big trouble.

She was in big trouble already and she didn't wish to add anything else on that list. Her mother was still rather upset with her for going to 12 Grimmauld Place. In conclusion, Violetta dodged her mother every chance she got. She hadn't been completely honest with her mother, meaning that Narcissa didn't know that Violetta had something of Regulus'.

"Merlin's beard, Reggie! I don't know..." sighed Violetta.

The Malfoy twins had camped in Violetta's room. They were both trying to break whatever curse prevented anyone from opening Regulus' book. Regulus Malfoy wasn't too pleased with his sister and thought that breaking and entering 12 Grimmauld Place was a very bad idea, especially because Violetta had been spotted by Nymphadora Tonks.

Oddly enough ― it seemed that Nymphadora Tonks had kept her little rendezvous as a secret because Violetta was still at home and no one had come to look for her.

"Well I think we are running out of options here. I don't know how to open this, neither do you. We can't ask mum because she will freak out nor Bellatrix because she will just tattle everything to the Dark Lord," complained Regulus.

"You think I don't know that?" Muttered Violetta. "I can't mess this up. I haven't been able to cast any Unforgivable and now I'm about to fail this too..."

The door opened and Violetta tossed the book under her bed in case it was their mother.

Instead of having Narcissa walk into her room, a small figure appeared from behind the door. Violetta's house-elf Feeby shook by the threshold, her big brown eyes looking like tennis balls.