𝙻𝚇. 𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

══════ • ❀ • ══════

july 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝"

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛; 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢, 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚖 𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚍

Serenity.

That was all Violetta has felt over the past month. She was finally at peace with no dark lords or death eaters. With no more secrets to hide or who she loves. The only thing shadowing her perfect serenity was Regulus Black's diary and the words he had written but Violetta had decided to stop worrying about them ― at least during her time away.

Violetta would spend her days swimming ― her and Fleur's small apartment was located by the shore of Porto Venere. They had spent some time in France meeting Fleur's family but eventually they both thought that the small town in Italy called Porto Venere might be the best place for them. They knew no one and no one knew them.

And that was just what Violetta needed.

The summer air kissed Violetta's face as her face broke the clear surface of the water. The sun shone from behind the clouds, making the air around her warm but still a little chilly. Violetta has never been too into swimming but there was something about it now that just made her feel carefree.

A part of her wished that she and Fleur could just stay in Porto Venere and grow old there without a worry in their minds but she knew that was unrealistic.

The truth about herself and Horcruxes was still unsolved and no matter how hard she tried to convince herself to let the matter go and see where life would lead her ― she couldn't do so. Seeking out the truth was no longer just for Violetta's own sake but also for Fleur's.

But Violetta wasn't stupid.

For the past few months, she's been wondering about the connections. Connections between her, Horcruxes and Voldemort.

There was an obvious connection between her and Horcruxes ― it was written in Regulus Black's diary. Violetta wasn't quite sure how Voldemort fit in the picture but he has never hurt her, not even when she had failed miserably. He even punished Bellatrix for hurting her.