𝚇𝙻𝙸𝚅. 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚔𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚔𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝"

𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Even after several days, Violetta could still feel the Cruciatus Curse on her skin. She experienced small shivers and twitches every now and then, making her feel like a puppet with strings attached. Her mother had urged her to go and see a Healer but Violetta did not do so. The pain was a reminder for her ― a reminder that she needs to do better so that she can seek revenge for what happened to her father.

Violetta never missed a meeting. She was always the first one to arrive and the last one to leave. She knew that she did this to cover up the fact that she wasn't able to fulfill her duties as a Death Eater when it came to physical torture.

While she lacked this skill ― she was rather respected because of her devotion. Whatever the Dark Lord said, she believed him.

Voldemort gave Violetta extra attention. He didn't punish her like he punished others. He let her speak her mind ― mostly because her opinions agreed with his values ― and he didn't call her weak like her aunt called her.

"I am not pleased," said the Dark Lord at one meeting.

Death Eaters were sitting around the decades old Malfoy dining table. Violetta and her aunt were the only two women among the men in the room. When Violetta's father was still around, her mother would join the meetings but now the Dark Lord had told the matriarch to stay away until he told her to come and join.

"We are moving too slow. You aren't fulfilling your tasks. Failure after failure. What is it that I have to do to make you do as you're told," he kept going as he walked around the room, his snake Nagini slytherin behind him.

"My Lord, if I may be blunt..." started Corban Yaxley and once he received a nod from his lord, he continued. "I think it is Miss Malfoy and the heir Malfoy who haven't been able to fulfil their tasks. I heard that they are still unable to perform the Unforgivables."

Violetta pursed her lips together and shot a very nasty look at Yaxley. She wanted to argue but her brother stopped her by taking her wrist.

Bellatrix sneered as she glared at her niece and nephew.

"As appreciated as your concerns are, Yaxley, I think I am more than capable of judging who is to blame and who is not," said Voldemort and stopped to stand right behind Regulus and Violetta. "They will learn. But unlike with many of you, I can trust that they won't betray me. They are proud to be here."