𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸. 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚝

══════ • ❀ • ══════

june 1995

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚝

"𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝"

The second Violetta had unpacked her belongings, her parents ushered her to repack for France immediately. She didn't dare to question this ― she knew things were bad. According to Potter, Voldemort was back which only meant bad things for her family. Violetta's father used to work for Voldemort but when he disappeared, Lucius did all he could to avoid any consequences ― meaning that he denied his alliances.

Voldemort ― or the Dark Lord as Abraxas called him ― was someone Violetta's parents never mentioned after he was defeated by a year old Harry Potter. Whatever work Violetta's father did for the monstrous man was work he did in order to keep his family safe.

Even though Lucius wasn't voluntarily a Death Eater, he was a blood purist much like his entire family which only meant that Violetta was one too. She acknowledged she was one ― she has never cared for muggles or anyone really but then she met Fleur.

Fleur was everything and nothing and it was confusing yet wonderful in many ways.

Besides Fleur and the possible return of the Dark Lord, Violetta's health had taken a small hit. She would get nosebleeds from time to time which she hid from her family, including Druella who she had to spent most of her days with.

Violetta didn't know how much more of Druella she could take in. The older woman was following her everywhere, observing her every move. She gave her etiquette lessons, taught her to walk correctly and while all of those things were something Violetta had practised with her mother, Druella wasn't pleased with the outcome so she taught her some more.

However, Druella wasn't as bad as Violetta thought; she was strict and acted like a fly on a wall but she wasn't mean. She was more like an annoying insect, always tracking her every move.

Luckily for Violetta, Druella's tea/gossip gathering happened every Thursday which normally took about two to four hours. This also meant that there were a few hours in a week where Druella wasn't looking after Violetta and the girl was able to sneak out and meet Fleur.

Violetta tried to keep her eyes open as Druella lectured her about family dynasties. While the lecture was boring, she would rather spend five more hours listening to Druella than spending any more time with the young gentlemen Druella has signed for her to meet. For the past month, Violetta has met at least fifteen suitable options but she has turned every single one down.