𝙻𝚇𝚇𝚅. 𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1998

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎"

 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Summer trees had begun to turn their leaves to different colours of red. The spectrum of colours was beautiful, making everything around you more vivid. The sun peeked from behind the clouds like it was too shy to be seen but yet wanted attention. The clouds were much like the leaves ― presenting different shades but none of them were purely white.

There was beauty around, such beauty that gave you goosebumps when taking it all in. Much like when you are utterly and completely in love with someone. The breathtaking view of England's fall compared to the feeling of loving someone more than life itself.

Small ponds covered the road leading to a certain manor in Wiltshire. Its dark iron gates were recognizable from miles away, protecting and guarding the family living there.

Fleur held her umbrella above her head, saving herself from the teardrops of the sky. Her other hand was tightly holding a letter she had received from Regulus Malfoy a week ago. It had taken her a week to open the letter and read it.

She hasn't heard anything from any of the Malfoys and although Fleur had tried to honour Violetta's wishes to keep in touch with the family, she hasn't been able to do so for many reasons.

Many had expected Fleur to know what was going on with them but she knew nothing more than anyone else. Everyone who has read the Daily Prophet ― like Fleur ― knows that the Malfoys were exonerated from their actions.

All of Wizarding World was shocked when the family's sentences were read but when the Minister had mentioned the heroic actions of Violetta Malfoy, there was mutual understatement.

No one has seen the Malfoys since their trials.

Fleur had spoken with Gabriel and Vivian ― neither of them had seen the Malfoys either.

The French girl was the first one to see them.

Soon enough the iron gates weren't miles away but just in front of her. She took a deep breath in and exhaled, there was really no point in turning back. After everything, Fleur knew this was something she had to do ― especially now that she had received a personal letter from one of the Malfoys.

She steadily opened the gates, flinching at the sound of rustiness.

The way from the gates to the manor felt long but Fleur chose to ignore the feeling and instead looked around herself. She has never been at the manor and was rather stunned to see how big the land really was. It wasn't just the manor that was way too big for the family but also the gardens she spotted or the stables on the other side.