𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚇. 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1995

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎"

𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙; 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎

Days went by fast and soon August arrived, and the summer weather turned into a very gloomy one which meant that Violetta ended up watching rain hitting her room's windows every other hour. Her parents had basically placed her under house-arrest; she wasn't allowed to leave the Manor alone, without an adult so she couldn't even go and see Fleur.

Violetta tried to tell her parents that she is of age but that didn't help if anything it made them question their daughter even more.

The meetings Violetta's parents were involved in became more and more frequent, and soon it was nearly impossible to get more than half an hour with them until Lucius flinched, glanced at his forearm which was now always covered by his sleeve. Every time, he shot a stiff look at Narcissa and the two left, no matter what or who they had to leave behind.

Now Violetta wasn't a stupid girl and decided to take all the advantage of this.

She started to sneak out to see Fleur at Leaky Cauldron and soon she was able to see Fleur every single day. They didn't dare to be seen in public and even if many would presume them just as friends, Violetta wasn't going to take that risk.

Violetta didn't exactly enjoy hiding her relationship but she also knew that Abraxas wouldn't miss a heartbeat to disown his only granddaughter. She didn't know how her own parents would react but she did know that they could never disown her, unfortunately it wasn't in their hands.

As long as Abraxas breathes, he is the head of the family and had the power to disown anyone he wants.

"Urgh, I could never do that," said Violetta as she sat on Fleur's bed where the blonde girl was already sitting.

Fleur chuckled. "Working isn't that bad."

"If you work as a head of a department in the Ministry or something, then I would understand. Dad does that and he doesn't really have to do anything but sign a paper or two and then make an appearance in a boring event and that's it. But to actually work, I could never."

"So what are you going to do?" Asked Fleur, earning an eye roll from Violetta. "Oh what?"

"I don't really have to do anything. I have my family," shrugged Violetta.

The blonde smiled, she appreciated how much Violetta cares for her family. It was a good quality but she was also afraid that it might be Violetta's downfall. She knew how strict some of Violetta's family members can be and that was one of the reasons why the Malfoy girl hasn't come forward about their relationship.