𝙻𝙸𝚇. 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚌𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

july 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚌𝚊" 

𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Lucius Malfoy hated his home when he was a child. It was cold and dark, sad and empty. The Malfoy Manor was huge and when he was growing up, the large, empty rooms made him feel very lonely. His father was away a lot ― not that he cared too much because he hated the man ― but Abraxas often ordered his wife to come with him, leaving young Lucius all by himself with nannies.

So Lucius swore that when he gets married and has children, they will be the most important to him. He wanted more than one child ― growing up as an only child was something he didn't want for his possible child. His first child turned out to be more than one. Twins, a boy and a girl. A few years later he had another son.

He was proud of them all but his little girl did hold a special place in his heart. Violetta Narcissa Malfoy was every bid of her mother with the way she arched her brow when demanding answers, or how she seemed to always be right.

A year was a long time away from one's family.

When Lucius woke up in the middle of night to a loud raid of some sort ― he thought he was going to die. He set off his prayers for his family but when the bars of his cell exploded and he saw freedom, he thought that maybe someone almighty was finally on his side.

In no time, he was staring at the cold gates of his home that looked so much more like they did when he was a child than they have for over two decades. He was scared when he entered the manor that sounded so empty with no children's laughter coming from anywhere or his wife's soft humming when reading in her favourite spot.

A sharp shattering sound nearly scared him to death but his racing heart beat calmed when seeing the source of the sound.

"You're home..." Narcissa whispered, hardly believing what she was seeing. "T-they didn't tell me that... you are here, right? I am not just mad?"

Lucius smiled for the first time in a year. "The Black madness hasn't reached you quite yet, love."

Narcissa jumped over the teacup that was now shattered on the floor and stopped just in front of her husband. She reached her hands to cup his face to see him more clearly.

"Oh my sweet husband..." she tried to finish but couldn't.

Narcissa's sobs alarmed her sons who were just a few rooms away. The two replicas of their father ran into the foyer where they were greeted by their father who was already consoling the lady of the house.