𝚇𝙻𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚙𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚒𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

october 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚙𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚒𝚊"

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍.

There was a huge change in Violetta's behaviour ― one her mother and brother noticed right away. Narcissa was sure it had something to do with the marriage contract Abraxas had made but Regulus knew it was about Fleur. He knew his sister and knew that Violetta wasn't someone who often wallows in self-pity and holds on to sadness but she was one who turned those into anger.

But at the late hours of each day that anger fades away and sadness takes over.

Regulus had tried to ask his sister about Fleur but every time he did so ― Violetta changed the subject nearly as fast as a Seeker moves during a Quidditch Game. Regulus couldn't really talk about his sister's behaviour with their mother because that would include outing Violetta which was something Regulus could never do.

He had thought about writing to Draco about Violetta but he didn't want to add any extra pressure or worries to his little brother who was in over his head with everything.

Borgin and Burkes was a cold and dark little shop located at Knockturn Alley.

Violetta wasn't their usual customer but members of her family were so when she entered the shop, Mr Borgin ― one of the shop owners ― was slightly surprised to see Miss Malfoy. Violetta was after all known from her expensive and fancy taste that was close to her mother's instead of being interested in dark objects.

But times have changed.

"Well can it be? Miss Malfoy," said Mr Borgin, slightly bowing his head. "Now what brings you here?"

Violetta grimaced. "Just looking around, Mr Borgin."

She didn't know what exactly she was looking for. She was looking for something but what, she had no idea. When she had realised that no spell was going to open Regulus Black's book ― she figured she might need some sort of a dark object. Her home used to be filled with them but the Aurors took them when they took her father.

Aurors....

her mind quickly slipped back to the day she and Gabriel had visited 12 Grimmauld Place. There was still no word from Nymphadora Tonks ― Violetta wasn't rotting behind the cells of Azkaban just yet. It almost pained her to admit but maybe Gabriel was right and Nymphadora was going to leave her be ― they were cousins after all.