𝙻𝙸. 𝚗𝚊𝚞𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚞𝚜

══════ • ❀ • ══════

december 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚗𝚊𝚞𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚞𝚜" 

𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚔; 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍

The urge to push Abraxas into a lit fireplace was great and strong, and the thought of it brought Violetta pleasure. Much needed pleasure since it seemed that her entire life was moving on while she was staying behind with her thoughts.

Abraxas was going on and on about Violetta's marriage which was set to happen in a month's time. He had explained to her that there won't be a big wedding ― destroying yet another dream of Narcissa's. The wedding will happen at the manor, surrounded by Violetta and Marcus' families and closest friends.

Violetta was standing in front of a wall-length mirror ― surrounded by her family members which included her grandfathers, grandmothers, mother and brothers.

Every now and then, Violetta woke from her daydreaming and realised her surroundings. She became aware of the people around her, of what they were talking about and in how deep into everything she was.

She was trying on her wedding dress ― one Walburga Black wore to her wedding decades ago. It wasn't Violetta's choice nor her mother's. Violetta didn't care ― she didn't care about the wedding at all ― and while her mother did care, she had no power over the matter.

It angered Violetta, to see her mother so powerless in her own house. It wasn't that Narcissa didn't try but it was the way their world worked. Men and the elder generation have more power.

"You can't make her wear that dress," argued Narcissa although she knew it was in vain.

"Nor make her marry..." muttered Regulus, earning a sharp glance from Abraxas.

"I must agree with Narcissa," said Priscilla, her hand gently on Violetta's shoulder ― not that the girl had noticed this act of warmth and care.

Violetta wasn't aware of what the people around her were saying, she was only staring at herself. She had Walburga's wedding dress on ― a long sleeved white dress with a long trail behind. Violetta's skin nearly matched the pale colour of the dress, she felt sick and disgusted. Betrayed and cheap.

While she should be worried of being forced into a marriage, Violetta couldn't even give it a thought while the revelations of Regulus Black's diary filled her head. The Dark Lord, the man who Violetta has believed all her life had done something to her when she was only an infant.