𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

══════ • ❀ • ══════

october 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗"

𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑

The first month of school flew by faster than the best Quidditch players during a game. Violetta attended classes, bullied some Gryffindors and spent most of her free time with her best friends. She also did her best to avoid Peregrine Derrick who seemed to follow her wherever she went. If Violetta had been smart enough ― she would have informed her brothers of this but then again, she didn't wish for either of them to get expelled for killing a student.

Violetta and Vivian were both staying at the library, trying their best to take an early start for the N.E.W.T.S. Both girls were intelligent, there was no denying that but because of their personalities (over-achievers who wish to be the best) they didn't want to take any chances. For Vivian, the pressure of being the perfect daughter was high. She was the only child of her family, and a girl for that matter.

Any pressure Violetta was feeling was from her three grandparents. She remembers a few times when Druella had pointed out that if she wasn't the best in everything, she was useful. Of course Violetta knew ― in a way ― that this wasn't the truth but there has always been this little voice inside her head, telling her those exact same words. And for some odd reason, the voice sounded like Druella Black.

"You know with those subjects, you could become an Auror," Vivian pointed out and watched as Violetta scrambled all of her books onto the table.

Violetta frowned and glanced at her books before smirking. "I don't want to. Besides, I really don't need to find a job after school."

"Cause we'll be married off?" Vivian arched her brows.

"Well I don't know about you but I know that my father isn't too keen into the idea of marrying me off to someone," Violetta said and sat down. "But because it seems that my future interests everyone, including our professors, no one thinks I can escape the reality of my life. Snape doesn't at least but I have to admit, McGonagall was a bit more optimistic."

Vivian grimaced. "Isn't it wonderful to be a woman of our background?"

"I love it," said Violetta and bent over the table to reach for another pile of books.

Vivian's background was quite the same as Violetta's ― pureblood daughter whose family believed in blood supremacy. However, the Gold family was not part Voldemort's inner circle nor did they bear the dark mark. They weren't part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight either but they were respected enough.