𝚇𝚇𝚇. 𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1995

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊"

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍; 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

Violetta laid awake in her bed.

The clock was nearing two in the morning but she couldn't sleep. All she's been thinking about for the past few days was the meeting she and Regulus had participated in with their parents and other Death Eaters. The meeting was nothing like she had imagined to be ― death and torture which didn't interest her ― but it was more about politics and beliefs.

And she found it interesting.

In all honesty, Violetta didn't understand why her parents were trying to keep her and her brothers away from it. They supported the cause ― purity of their blood and the belief of being supreme was after all what Violetta had been taught to believe.

Her parents have never been quite traditional parents when it came to raising a daughter. They treated Violetta as an equal to her brothers so it seemed strange to her that the only thing that's really been taught to her wasn't important anymore.

Or it was still important in theory but because it was dangerous, it was out of the question.

Sure, there was the dark side of it all which included killing, torturing and hurting people and while Violetta wasn't exactly a very delicate girl, she did not support those methods. But she thought that if she could just keep herself out of all that, it wouldn't be so bad.

Even her twin shared her thoughts and they discussed them after the meeting and after their mother had smothered them and apologised over and over again for what had happened.

Nothing had happened, not in Violetta and Regulus' mind but their mother and father were already distraught just by the fact that they were in that meeting.

The people in the meeting were people Violetta and Regulus, and Draco, had grown up with. They were the parents of their friends, uncles and aunts of their classmates and while Violetta and Regulus understood that if the Dark Lord would have been present things might have been a little more dangerous. But he wasn't present and the meeting was more like a gathering among friends than anything.

Violetta was surprised that Regulus shared her opinions; he has always been the one who didn't care to talk about Death Eaters and such, but it seemed that he's been only protecting his siblings by not caring. However he couldn't pretend anymore when Violetta was already so invested in finding out more.